OT collared dove

Old April 30th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT collared dove

I noticed a collared dove sitting on the patio earlier looking very sorry
for itself, when Shadow walked past within 2 feet of it I realised it must
be pretty sick. I caught it and took it to the vet, I'll call tomorrow to
see if it survived.

I did think if it died KFC would like it but Leicester is a bit far to
deliver it.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 30th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
I noticed a collared dove sitting on the patio earlier looking very sorry
for itself, when Shadow walked past within 2 feet of it I realised it must
be pretty sick. I caught it and took it to the vet, I'll call tomorrow to
see if it survived.

Shadow walked within 2 feet of a dove and didn't try to catch it? What a
good boy. I don't like it when Boyfie catches birds because I really like
them and one of my hobbies is birdwatching.
I do have to accept that he is a cat, and most cats will do this, though. I
never tell him off for it even though my heart sinks every time.
I hope the collared dove recovers. It's so nice of you to take it to the
vets, will it cost you a lot?

I did think if it died KFC would like it but Leicester is a bit far to
deliver it.

g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she is okay
for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat which she likes
and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning which she devoured.
She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she would never
get on ;-)

Tweed

Old April 30th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
I noticed a collared dove sitting on the patio earlier looking very
sorry for itself, when Shadow walked past within 2 feet of it I
realised it must be pretty sick. I caught it and took it to the vet,
I'll call tomorrow to see if it survived.

Shadow walked within 2 feet of a dove and didn't try to catch it? What a
good boy. I don't like it when Boyfie catches birds because I
really like them and one of my hobbies is birdwatching.
I do have to accept that he is a cat, and most cats will do this,
though. I never tell him off for it even though my heart sinks every
time.

I love watching the birds too, lately I've had increasing numbers of siskins
coming to the feeders and for the last week a pair of yellowhammers have
been here everyday
I hope the collared dove recovers. It's so nice of you to take it to
the vets, will it cost you a lot?

I take you didn't know, all vets in the UK treat wildlife for free.

I did think if it died KFC would like it but Leicester is a bit far
to deliver it.

g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she
is okay for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat
which she likes and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning
which she devoured. She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she
would never get on ;-)

It's good to know she's still enjoying life, hopefully she'll enjoy a good
summer this year.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 30th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she is okay
for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat which she likes
and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning which she devoured.
She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she would never
get on ;-)

I love hearing this! She seems to have some life in her yet. And Boyfie
is ever the gallant provider.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 1st 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she is
okay
for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat which she
likes
and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning which she devoured.
She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she would
never
get on ;-)

I love hearing this! She seems to have some life in her yet. And Boyfie
is ever the gallant provider.

She likes to scare me by trying to die now and again, I wish she wouldn't do
it. I've told her I will kill her if she tries it one more time ;-)

Old May 1st 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Christina Websell wrote:

She likes to scare me by trying to die now and again, I wish she wouldn't do
it. I've told her I will kill her if she tries it one more time ;-)

I'm sure she is panicked over that remark. *NOT*

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old May 1st 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

She likes to scare me by trying to die now and again, I wish she
wouldn't do it. I've told her I will kill her if she tries it one
more time ;-)

That's like the mother of a kid climbing trees, "if you fall and break your
leg, don't come running to me". ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 3rd 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
snip
g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she is okay
for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat which she likes
and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning which she devoured.
She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she would never
get on ;-)

Tweed

It's nice to hear KFC has such an appetite!
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old May 18th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
snip
g Kitty Farmcat thanks you for your thoughts on this but says she is
okay for today. She's had two small meals of Whiskas Supermeat which she
likes and Boyfie brought her a half-grown rat this morning which she
devoured. She ate everything except the head and tail.
BURP. She's full. And fast asleep on the beanbag she swore she would
never get on ;-)

Tweed

It's nice to hear KFC has such an appetite!
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

If she had a choice, collared doves, rats, mice and small birds would be all
she would ever eat. Cat food is a poor substitute, which makes it difficult
if Boyfie does not deliver. He's been seen recently eating a birdie himself
instead of letting her have it. How bad is that? g
Yes, it is bad. He is in the prime of life and he get plenty food here. He
knows his job is to get wild stuff for KFC. and NOT to eat it himself.

Tweed

Old May 18th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Christina Websell wrote:
"polonca12000" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
snip
[...]

Mimi says that an occasional snack is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

She sends winks and nose kissies to her sweet Boyfie

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY