OT Right not to life!!

Old May 1st 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

Default OT Right not to life!!

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!
Old May 1st 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

++++++
I have a plaque in my bathroom which reads:
"Start each day as though your life has just begun"
Best wishes. MLB

Old May 1st 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 10:00*am, MLB wrote:
I have a plaque in my bathroom which reads:
"Start each day as though your life has just begun"

You have words of true wisdom pinned to your bathroom wall

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 1st 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

I'd say that would depend upon your reason for ending it all. Revenge?
"I'll show them all"? "They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
the pain (however great your own may be).
Old May 1st 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 12:58*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
*Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
* the pain (however great your own may be).

My good friend Tel is a suicide survivor- his younger brother hung
himself almost 15 years ago. He;s been treated for depression multiple
times himself since then and every weekend takes flowers to his
brothers grave and sits there asking himself if he could have stopped
it, why didn't he recognise the signs? Would you really want to do
that to anyone who gives a damn about you?

Old May 1st 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

My good friend Tel is a suicide survivor- his younger brother hung
himself almost 15 years ago. He;s been treated for depression multiple
times himself since then and every weekend takes flowers to his
brothers grave and sits there asking himself if he could have stopped
it, why didn't he recognise the signs? Would you really want to do
that to anyone who gives a damn about you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I don't think anyone who's lost someone to suicide ever gets over it. My
younger brother took his life 12 years ago, sometimes it feels like it
was only yesterday and hurts just as much.
--
Adrian
Old May 2nd 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
Lesley Madigan wrote:

My good friend Tel is a suicide survivor- his younger brother hung
himself almost 15 years ago. He;s been treated for depression multiple
times himself since then and every weekend takes flowers to his
brothers grave and sits there asking himself if he could have stopped
it, why didn't he recognise the signs? Would you really want to do
that to anyone who gives a damn about you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I don't think anyone who's lost someone to suicide ever gets over it. My
younger brother took his life 12 years ago, sometimes it feels like it
was only yesterday and hurts just as much.
--
Adrian

I'm sorry to hear that, Adrian.

John's father took his own life. He's never gotten over it. He wonders
about it all the time - is there something he could have done? What was it
that pushed him over the edge? 35 years later he's still agonizing over it.
Suicide is selfish. There are always people left who feel the repercussions
for the rest of their lives. The person ending theirs doesn't think about
the ripples in the water.

Jill

Old May 2nd 11, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

John's father took his own life. He's never gotten over it. He wonders
about it all the time - is there something he could have done? What was it
that pushed him over the edge? 35 years later he's still agonizing over it.
Suicide is selfish. There are always people left who feel the repercussions
for the rest of their lives. The person ending theirs doesn't think about
the ripples in the water.

There are probably many reasons why people commit suicide, but if someone
is mentally ill, you really have no idea how much pain they might be in.
Maybe every moment of their life is complete agony. They might not feel
anything for the people in their life because their brain chemistry is so
screwed up they've lost the ability. Maybe they feel like they're surrounded
by aliens, or imposters. Maybe they feel like *they* are the imposter. Maybe
they believe they're being hunted by conspirators, and when they're caught,
they're going to be tortured endlessly. Maybe their mind is a jumble of
incoherent thoughts and they're not able to formulate a rational plan for
getting help - all they know is they have to escape this horrifying existence.
For someone in that state of mind, being called "selfish" - if it's even
meaningful at all - is laughable. It's a mere drop in the bucket of misery.
If someone can't stand being alive, I can't expect them to continue living
just for my sake, or anyone's sake. If knowing that other people need you
is enough - maybe just barely, but enough - to keep you from ending your
life, then you still have one foot in the land of the living. That's not
the case with everyone.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't do everything in my power to prevent it. I
know this about myself because I've lived it. Years ago, someone very
close to me struggled daily with the desire to commit suicide. She was in
the kind of pain I described above. I comforted, reassured, begged and
pleaded, called the police on her. I told her therapist, her friends, her
AA sponsor - whoever would listen - what was going on. Lots of people kept
an eye on her. I knew that if she was really serious about dying (most
people are at least a little ambivalent), she would find a way, no matter
how many people were watching out for her. But if I could help it, she'd
never get the chance.

But it would never have occurred to me to *judge* her for it. It's easy
to judge - it's a knee-jerk reaction that doesn't take much thought. I
think for a lot of people, pointing fingers and making judgements is a
way of coping with the total loss of control you feel when someone you
love wants to die. And I felt a lot of things - sadness, anger, constant
anxiety, guilt, protectiveness, hopelessness, exhaustion. But after
witnessing up close what she went through, and the courage it often took
for her to get through another day, I don't believe it is my place to
tell anyone else what their priorities should be about such basic
existential decisions.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old May 1st 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 12:58*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
*"They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? *

A long time ago when I was the ugly fat teenage girl- some so called
friends used to tell me so and so wanted to dance with me then have a
game where they'd bring some guy forward who'd take one look at me
then run off screaming- I had minus zero confidence, a mother (who
although I feel guilty about saying it because I did love her or at
least wanted her to love me as much as she did my brothers although to
be realistic I would have had to grow a penis) who on a daily basis
kept that confidence level at minus zero
One night I actually picked up a bottle of aspirin from the kitchen,
went to the bathroom, opened the bottle looked at it and thought
"They'll be sorry when I'm dead"
At this point my rather more prosaic personality kicked in and
suddenly I screamed (mum yelled at me to shut up) "THEY WON'T BE SORRY
THEY'LL BE GLAD! WHY SHOULD I MAKE THEM GLAD? AM I SO DESPERATE FOR
THEIR APPROVAL THAT I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF FOR A BUNCH OF PEOPLE
WHO WILL BE HAPPY IF I AM DEAD?! SOD THEM I AM GOING TO LIVE AND ANNOY
THE HELL OUT OF THEM FOR JUST BEING AROUND?!"

And that's been my motto ever since-I ain;t gonna kill myself just
because someone doesn't like me, because like when I had this thing at
work recently the manager involved would have loved to have the drama
of me topping myself so she could look good and add "crisis
management" to her CV- why should I do what she wants and give her the
pleasure?

Still around and still annoying people ain;t gonna top myself just
cos someone does not like ,me/approve of me or whatever- no one has
ever had that power over me and as I get older I get harder- guess
what- the fat ugly teenage girl who didn't bow down is now quite
starting to like herself.....And I have just today booked in for the
deep purple lowlights I have always ....I am goin' purple next Friday!

Old May 2nd 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

--------
you go, girl. i am so proud of you.

Second Life not OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 4 January 16th 10 01:07 AM
Second Life (OT) tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 12 January 16th 10 01:02 AM
the AIM of LIFE . abdo911 Cat health & behaviour 0 October 27th 07 05:14 PM
Life is GUD! Your Queen Cat anecdotes 2 February 19th 06 12:24 AM
A Life John Kimmel Cat anecdotes 15 September 27th 03 06:56 AM