Persia Update - Thyroid Check

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 1st 10, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia Update - Thyroid Check

I took Persia to her regular vet to get her thyroid levels checked. The vet
is thrilled! Her thyroid levels are perfect. Happy Dance! Persia is about
12.5 lbs. Also perfect

Unfortunately, she threw up in her carrier on the way home. I think she
gets herself so worked up (what with constantly yowling) it makes her sick
to her stomach. I've figured out how to tell when she's going to get sick.
It's a different sound than I normally hear if, say, she's about to hork up
a hairball. She's still crying, but in a very low, gutteral voice she says,
"Meow-ma. Meow-Ma! MEOW-MA!" It's like she's saying, "Get me out of here!
I'm going to be sick!" Unfortunately there's not a heck of a lot I can do
in a moving car going 50 MPH on a busy but only 2-lane highway

When we got home I rushed her [carrier] into the bathroom. I learned my
lesson the last time, I ran to the one *without* the litterbox! This time,
though, I was able to just use a damp washcloth and only had to wipe off her
paws. Somehow for the remainder of the ride home she managed to scrunch
herself up into a tiny (heh) ball to avoid the vomit. She just had a little
bit on her paws from where she was anxious to jump out when I unzipped the
top. And she was *very* good about letting me wipe off her paws.

I took the carrier outside, unzipped the side and stuck a hose in from the
top opening and rinsed it all out. Then I wiped it down well with
disinfectant wipes. (No, I'm not worried about using them. She won't be in
the carrier again for quite a long time.)

Sherpa bags are very nice but it's too bad the carrying handles are tricked
out with leather. It would be great to be able to just throw it in the
washer. At least it's made of flexible mesh and the bottom panel is covered
with vinyl. The fleece liner is washable. But apparently she scrunched
that back in the corner when she knew she was going to get sick. Not a drop
on it! What a smart girl!

Jill