declawing - a thanks to all those who opened my eyes

Old September 16th 03, 05:26 AM
catmidy

Default declawing - a thanks to all those who opened my eyes

hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

- Rachel
Old September 16th 03, 02:55 PM
MaryL

"catmidy" wrote in message
m...
hi. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying to my
ignorant to all the information you guys gave me. i knew that people
were opposed to declawing, but until now i didn't know why. you guys
gave me more that enough reasons why. i'm happy i joined this group
before i get my cat, because i never would have realized these things
until it was already too late. it's scary how unaware most people
(even cat owners) are about this topic - i'll be sure to spread the
info. anyway, i don't want to ramble, just wanted to say thanks.

- Rachel

Don't be embarrassed. What you have done is admirable -- you did your
research, and you were open to advice. As a matter of fact, many of us have
gone through the route you described. It is very common for a person to
first start with the idea that declawing is "no big deal" because they think
of a cat's claws like a human's fingernails. It is only as we learn more
that we realize how wrong that is. Once we realize that declawing involves
amputation, the hard truth sets in.

Thanks so much for caring!

MaryL