Slightly OT - PBS Nature "The Cheetah Orphans"

Old November 14th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

Default Slightly OT - PBS Nature "The Cheetah Orphans"

Watch out for it on your PBS station, but beware, there are some sad
moments in the story. But needless to say the Cheetah cubs are beautiful.

--
Nik Simpson
Old November 15th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Nov 14, 6:45�pm, nik Simpson wrote:
Watch out for it on your PBS station, but beware, there are some sad
moments in the story. But needless to say the Cheetah cubs are beautiful.

--
Nik Simpson

Yes, it was this week's episode of Nature. They were really cute. I
really enjoyed it despite the sad parts.
Suz&Spicey
Old November 15th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

nik Simpson wrote:

Watch out for it on your PBS station, but beware, there are some sad
moments in the story. But needless to say the Cheetah cubs are beautiful.

One of the most beautiful cats I've seen on TV was in a
segment on Animal Planet - someone had tried to have their
vet euthanize a caracul they'd kept in their home, caged,
since kittenhood (because it was too agressive).
Fortunately, the vet confiscated it and turned it over to
the local humane society, who found a wild-animal rescue
facility willing to take it. Poor thing could never be
released into the wild, because it had been declawed, as
well as neutered. Beautiful animal, with fantastic, simply
gorgeous ears, but WHY will people try to make pets out of
breeds of wild cats, then be surprised when, as they mature
from "cute" kittens, they obey their natures? I'm not sure
how "safe" some of the domestic variety would be, were they
the size of their tiger cousins! (Remember the Chinese
proverb: "God made Cat so Man could pat a Tiger.")
Old November 15th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
from "cute" kittens, they obey their natures? I'm not sure how "safe"
some of the domestic variety would be, were they the size of their tiger
cousins! (Remember the Chinese proverb: "God made Cat so Man could pat
a Tiger.")

I like that saying! Of our 7, here's how I would trust them if they were
tiger-size, in descending order:

Fez - no real danger, he's a sweetie-pie
Rufous - the only danger would be his tongue, as the boy has a
fascination with my fingers
Issa - can get a bit aggressive when you're petting his tummy
Basho - would be hard to breathe with a tiger on my chest
Luna - she *loves* kneading, that would certainly hurt
Maya - she would destroy all our window dressings
Xoxo - sharp claws, don't take sh*t from nobody!

How about your tribe? Would you trust them if they were tiger-sized?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 16th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

I like that saying! Of our 7, here's how I would trust them if they were
tiger-size, in descending order:

Fez - no real danger, he's a sweetie-pie
Rufous - the only danger would be his tongue, as the boy has a
fascination with my fingers
Issa - can get a bit aggressive when you're petting his tummy
Basho - would be hard to breathe with a tiger on my chest
Luna - she *loves* kneading, that would certainly hurt
Maya - she would destroy all our window dressings
Xoxo - sharp claws, don't take sh*t from nobody!

How about your tribe? Would you trust them if they were tiger-sized?

Good question, Victor! Hmm, let's see.

Caliban - would not trust him at all. He sometimes bites (though not as
hard as he did when he was younger and he uses his claws when he gets
annoyed. Also, he is always hungry...

Mir - plays very gently, but does use her claws when climbing me. But if
she was tiger-sized, she wouldn't need to use me as her personal
stepladder, so might be safe. She never bites, not even in play. I think
I could trust her. Of course, it might get a bit rough when she walks
all over me in bed while kneading me. :P