Gizmo thread Update and Birthday List....LONG

Old October 24th 03, 06:40 AM
Gizela

Default Gizmo thread Update and Birthday List....LONG

After worrying for the last few days about Gizmo swallowing the thread, it
appeared in her litter tray this morning (among her BM matter).....so, (this
is gross) I pulled it out (gloves on) and it was the length of what she had
swallowed....luckily..... no ill effects.....

Again, the purrs you all sent must've worked. Thankyou.

For all those who have told me yours and your cats birthday....thanks, I am
compiling the list.....to those that haven't, if you are interested send
birthday details of you (year not required if you don't want your age
divulged) and your cats to

angela(dot)ryan(at)studentmail(dot)newcastle(dot)e du(dot)au

It appears that Gizmo has a friend. The friend is a little ginger cat (very
fluffy) who I think is female. It has a collar and looks very *well fed*
(lives around the corner). They often sit in the sun together in my yard.
Perhaps she is more social with other cats than I thought as she even lets
this cat eat her dried food (left out through the day). Yesterday afternoon
they were both sitting on the fence "teasing" the dog in the next door
neighbours yard....you know how it goes, pacing up and down, then
grooming.....it appears Gizmo has taught her new friend all her
"tricks"....it drives the dog nuts.....(the dog is a Dalmation named
Jackson).

Lets hope neither of them get too *game*

--
Purrs to all

Angela and Gizmo

Old October 24th 03, 09:02 PM
polonca12000

I'm so relieved Gizmo is ok! Wonderful news!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Gizela" u wrote in message
After worrying for the last few days about Gizmo swallowing the thread, it
appeared in her litter tray this morning (among her BM matter).....so,

(this
is gross) I pulled it out (gloves on) and it was the length of what she

had
swallowed....luckily..... no ill effects.....

snip

Old October 24th 03, 10:03 PM
Brenda

"Gizela" u wrote in message
[...]

the things we do for our kitties! Glad to know everything, er, came out
alright.
Brenda

Old October 24th 03, 10:29 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:02:26 +0200, "polonca12000"
wrote:

I'm so relieved Gizmo is ok! Wonderful news!
Best wishes,

We are happy it all worked out in the end. MLB
Old October 25th 03, 05:19 AM
Marina

"Gizela" u wrote
After worrying for the last few days about Gizmo swallowing the thread, it
appeared in her litter tray this morning (among her BM matter).....so,

(this
is gross) I pulled it out (gloves on) and it was the length of what she

had
swallowed....luckily..... no ill effects.....

Again, the purrs you all sent must've worked. Thankyou.

Good to hear that the outcome was good (too good a situation not to pun on
it now that there's no problem any longer).

For all those who have told me yours and your cats birthday....thanks, I

am
compiling the list.....to those that haven't, if you are interested send
birthday details of you (year not required if you don't want your age
divulged) and your cats to

I posted mine here, but if you want I can mail you privately, too.

It appears that Gizmo has a friend. The friend is a little ginger cat

(very
fluffy) who I think is female. It has a collar and looks very *well fed*
(lives around the corner). They often sit in the sun together in my yard.
Perhaps she is more social with other cats than I thought as she even lets
this cat eat her dried food (left out through the day). Yesterday

afternoon
they were both sitting on the fence "teasing" the dog in the next door
neighbours yard....you know how it goes, pacing up and down, then
grooming.....it appears Gizmo has taught her new friend all her
"tricks"....it drives the dog nuts.....(the dog is a Dalmation named
Jackson).

Lets hope neither of them get too *game*

LOL! Isn't that just like cats!

--
Marina

Old October 25th 03, 06:12 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:40:23 +1000, "Gizela"
u wrote:

After worrying for the last few days about Gizmo swallowing the thread, it
appeared in her litter tray this morning (among her BM matter).....so, (this
is gross) I pulled it out (gloves on) and it was the length of what she had
swallowed....luckily..... no ill effects.....

Again, the purrs you all sent must've worked. Thankyou.

Glad to hear everything worked out okay in the end. ;-)

It appears that Gizmo has a friend. The friend is a little ginger cat (very
fluffy) who I think is female. It has a collar and looks very *well fed*
(lives around the corner). They often sit in the sun together in my yard.
Perhaps she is more social with other cats than I thought as she even lets
this cat eat her dried food (left out through the day). Yesterday afternoon
they were both sitting on the fence "teasing" the dog in the next door
neighbours yard....you know how it goes, pacing up and down, then
grooming.....it appears Gizmo has taught her new friend all her
"tricks"....it drives the dog nuts.....(the dog is a Dalmation named
Jackson).

Lets hope neither of them get too *game*

Certainly hope they don't get to brave. Sammy scares me sometimes by
her fearlessness of the chow next door. I've actually caught her
reaching through the chainlink fence trying to swat it.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old October 25th 03, 02:17 PM
Adrian

Gizela wrote:
After worrying for the last few days about Gizmo swallowing the
thread, it appeared in her litter tray this morning (among her BM
matter).....so, (this is gross) I pulled it out (gloves on) and it
was the length of what she had swallowed....luckily..... no ill
effects.....

That's really great news, thanks for letting us know.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old October 28th 03, 05:03 PM
Cinbad

A "ginger" cat is an orange one, correct? Like Morris?

If that's so- my observation is that most "ginger" cats are male. The
females I've known have been so few, I can't even think of ONE-

Anyone else have a thought? Agree or disagree?

Cindy

Old October 28th 03, 05:04 PM

Cinbad wrote:

A "ginger" cat is an orange one, correct? Like Morris?
If that's so- my observation is that most "ginger" cats are male. The
females I've known have been so few, I can't even think of ONE-
Anyone else have a thought? Agree or disagree?

I've heard that females make up about 25% of orange cats. Personally
I've known several orange females.

I've also heard both orange and dilute orange (that pale, creamy
orange color) referred to as "ginger" colored. Not sure which is
correct though.

JOyce