Disturbing News

Old April 27th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

"John F. Eldredge"
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:39:49 -0700, Kyla =^..^= wrote:

"John F. Eldredge"
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:26:20 +0100, Adrian wrote:

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
I have very fine limp shoulder length hair that I usually wear in a
pony tail.
It doesn't curl on it's own. Ever. It takes forever to grow. and I
trim it myself.
You're right about bald being good on the right man but not when you
get that bald spot on top, part your hair real low and comb a few
hairs over the bald spot. Yuck.
DH has beautiful thick shortish curly hair and a moustache and
beard. I'm not fond of beards without a moustache at all.. He trusts
me enough to trim his hair for him. Kyla

A friend of mine used to do the 'comb over' it looked ridiculous. I
don't see so much of him these days as I now live 300 miles away but
when I went down for his 50th birthday in March he had a sensible
short haircut. It actually made him look younger.

My hairline started receding at age 16, and now (at age 51) the top of
my head is completely bald. I have never bothered with a comb-over,
feeling that it never looks convincing. I have also seen too many men
where the comb-over had flopped in the other direction, which really
looks ridiculous.

Good for you. I've seen the 'comb-overs' go really all over the place
in a high wind. LOL.
Ladies, anyone remember the days of the Beehive? Horrid.. Kyla

In the late 1970s, there was a lady whom I used to see on a city bus
every day. She apparently had a collection of wigs, one for each day of
the week, and each a different color. You could tell what day of the
week it was by her hair color. All of them were the beehive shape,
extending upwards seven or eight inches above the top of her head,
varying only in the hair color.

This lady, who was perhaps in her mid-to-late 70's, also wore very pale
makeup except for bright red rouge circles on her cheekbones. The result
was rather clown-like, but she always had a very prim and proper
expression on her face. I don't think she realized how strange she
looked.

LOL, I wonder if she had a French Poodle to match her wigs?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 29th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee hives and 3
inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in that one
tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the 1920's and
30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle movies
again one of these days.
Kyla

"Granby"
Being short, I liked the bee hives and 3 inch heels.
"Kyla =^..^="

Old April 30th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

LOL, I'm 'height challenged' myself (5'2") and also wore the bee
hives and 3 inch heels. Ahhhhh, the good ol days.
I can wear my hair up like Ma Kettle now
I snipped my bangs the other night and counted 6 colors of gray in
that one tiny 'snip'. I like the colors. I like the hair-dooz of the
1920's and 30's.
Nice hats back in those days too Gotta watch my Ma & Pa Kettle
movies again one of these days.
Kyla

My favourite 'look' is from the 1940's where it was fashionable to have
*dark* hair and pale skin (which I have) rather than the ubiquitous platinum
blonde and tan you see these days. Since i also have a small mouth and
'rosebud' lips, I am far more suited to 1940s glamour than modern looks.
Then again, I also tend to just schelpp around in shorts & tshirt in summer
or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have the time or inclination
to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old April 30th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!

Old April 30th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
I still wear the high heels to meeting. Not because I like them but,
because I still can!

You go girl! I miss high heels more than almost anything.

I love shoes. Or at least I did when there was a point.

Jo
Stuck with Birks and hate them.

Old April 30th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

she does it to be shocking, when women who aren't "of a certain age" see one
of us doing it, we get serious street cred, Lee

Old April 30th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i love shoes, and i am now in a permanent state of flip flop, at least until
i finish my weight journey, i am horrified to say how many shoes i have
given away since beginning my journey, i do have some dressy shoes that i
have had to buy *glares at Gramby* because some people say i can't wear
flip flops to a banquet,* they were white but NNOOO*

&
tshirt in summer or jeans & tshirt in winter, and I really don't have
the
time or inclination to be fashionable or glamerous of any era :-)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

ROFL and a MileHigh salute to both of you stilleto chicks.....

Old April 30th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Oh, if you take time to do the thrift stores you can get some wonderful
things. I got a Channel (?) outfit for 10 bucks that cost 900.00 new. I
thought I was somebody! It may have been worn once, no wrinkles or
anything.

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

[...]

IMHO if you got 'em, flaunt 'em and get your $'s worth out of 'em. You
have tapped
into my secret vice.....handbag junkie (no, not the $3000 Jimmy Choo
designer new
ones! I pick them up for $5 at local thrift shops when their original
owners go to the
Bridge and heir survivors donate such goodies, unaware, to their local
charities..hee
hee hee. Also Steve Madden (yes, he is no longer doing time in Big
House) footwear
on the cheap.

Old May 2nd 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am not a handbag person mostly because i tend to set it down and forget
it, but shoes is a whole other issue,,, my treat to myself upon reaching my
WW weight goal is a new pair of work shoes, then after i have stayed that
weight for a year i will either edcide to stay that weight and go buy 3
fancy pairs of shoes, or lose again to a new goal weight, rinse and repeat,