Texas Snow!

Old February 14th 04, 05:53 PM
MaryL

Default Texas Snow!

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

We got a bunch (technical term, meaning more than an inch - grin) of
snow last night. It looks like 4 to 5 inches on the ground, although
the roads and parking lots seem to have melted away (I'm dreading the
refreeze we'll likely get tonight).

In true Texas fashion, I had to go out barefoot, in shorts and
shirtsleeves, to have a look at it. Little Feet and Buster came out
too.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

What part of Texas? I live in East Texas, and we got snow today -- our
first in several years. It's a good thing I was looking out the window when
it started because it only lasted for about 3 minutes, and it melted as soon
as it touched the ground. Those just a little west of us got more (some
with a little accumulation that stayed on the ground).

MaryL

Old February 14th 04, 07:40 PM
Sherry

What part of Texas? I live in East Texas, and we got snow today -- our
first in several years. It's a good thing I was looking out the window when
it started because it only lasted for about 3 minutes, and it melted as soon
as it touched the ground. Those just a little west of us got more (some
with a little accumulation that stayed on the ground).

MaryL

I spoke too soon earlier. We got a lovely snow that lasted about 2 hours, but
is melting fast.
Mary, are you anywhere near Anderson County?

Sherry
Old February 14th 04, 08:03 PM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
What part of Texas? I live in East Texas, and we got snow today -- our
first in several years. It's a good thing I was looking out the window

when
it started because it only lasted for about 3 minutes, and it melted as

soon
as it touched the ground. Those just a little west of us got more (some
with a little accumulation that stayed on the ground).

MaryL

I spoke too soon earlier. We got a lovely snow that lasted about 2 hours,

but
is melting fast.
Mary, are you anywhere near Anderson County?

Sherry

Yes, fairly close. I live in Nacogdoches County.

MaryL

Old February 14th 04, 08:54 PM
jmcquown

Mark Edwards wrote:
We got a bunch (technical term, meaning more than an inch - grin) of
snow last night. It looks like 4 to 5 inches on the ground, although
the roads and parking lots seem to have melted away (I'm dreading the
refreeze we'll likely get tonight).

In true Texas fashion, I had to go out barefoot, in shorts and
shirtsleeves, to have a look at it. Little Feet and Buster came out
too.

Buster put one paw in the snow, and went immediateley to the door and
meowed that he wanted back inside Right Now!

Little Feet walked out into the snow, which was as high as his tummy,
and began to roll around in it. He looked like he had found a secret
stash of catnip. Either that, or he was trying to make snow tigers
(grin).

Well, I started to get cold, and told little Feet to hurry up and
let's go back in (for now). A few more rolls in the snow, and he
followed me back to the door.

He was quite a sight, with bits of snow clinging to him.

I need to go buy new camera batteries TODAY!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

That's funny! I always pictured a cat dipping its paw in the snow, shaking
it off and going "hey, this stuff is not only *wet*, it's cold, too!"

Send some our way (West TN), but wait until Monday night (supposed to go
back to work Tuesday morning!)

Jill

Old February 14th 04, 10:14 PM
polonca12000

Great story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

We got a bunch (technical term, meaning more than an inch - grin) of
snow last night. snip

Old February 15th 04, 03:26 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old February 15th 04, 04:13 AM
Sherry

I spoke too soon earlier. We got a lovely snow that lasted about 2 hours,
but
is melting fast.
Mary, are you anywhere near Anderson County?

Sherry

Yes, fairly close. I live in Nacogdoches County.

MaryL

I was asking because I have to either make a trip there or see if I can handle
some business via phone/mail about some royalty I inherited, I think the
courthouse is in Palestine. I've never been there. I think it's about 6 or 7
hours from here. I'd sure like turn it into an excuse to go on to Galveston. I
really like it there.

Sherry

Sherry
Old February 15th 04, 05:08 AM
Marina

"John F. Eldredge" wrote

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:54:12 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

That's funny! I always pictured a cat dipping its paw in the snow,
shaking it off and going "hey, this stuff is not only *wet*, it's
cold, too!"

This seems to vary from cat to cat. I have known some that liked
snow, and some that didn't. I remember once watching my parents'
cat, Tinkerbelle, walking through snow about three inches deep, and
shaking each foot as she lifted it off the ground. I could almost
hear her thinking, "Ick! Ick! Ick!". This is also the way she
would react if she had to walk through a puddle to get somewhere.

LOL! That's how Frank reacts to snow. Nikki, on the other hand, doesn't let
it bother her one bit. She just ploughs right through it, even if it's up to
her tummy.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 15th 04, 06:17 AM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
I spoke too soon earlier. We got a lovely snow that lasted about 2

hours,
but
is melting fast.
Mary, are you anywhere near Anderson County?

Sherry

Yes, fairly close. I live in Nacogdoches County.

MaryL

I was asking because I have to either make a trip there or see if I can

handle
some business via phone/mail about some royalty I inherited, I think the
courthouse is in Palestine. I've never been there. I think it's about 6 or

7
hours from here. I'd sure like turn it into an excuse to go on to

Galveston. I
really like it there.

Sherry

That sounds great. I wonder if we could arrange to meet? Please send
e-mail to me when you know more.

MaryL

Old February 15th 04, 03:48 PM
Sherry

That sounds great. I wonder if we could arrange to meet? Please send
e-mail to me when you know more.

MaryL

I would love that!

Sherry

Snow!!! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 18 February 17th 04 09:09 PM
Snow!!! Karen Cat anecdotes 7 December 11th 03 04:30 AM
Snow.. "What is THAT?!" Stacey Cat anecdotes 2 November 30th 03 09:43 PM
Pics: Nikki in the snow Marina Cat anecdotes 23 November 26th 03 10:00 PM
Snow! Marina Cat anecdotes 12 October 28th 03 09:56 PM