Shaken (OT)

Old September 25th 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Shaken (OT)

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Sep 11, 11:16 am, Judith Latham
wrote:
.. These things can and do happen anywhere. It's important to
feel part of the community where you live and it sounds as if you do.

Yeah this is my home as I say a lot of my friends live either in Bow
or nearby, my games club is not far away (In Plaistow- I get a cab
back it's not a nice area to be in late at night you have to have some
common sense), I know the local shops (The one where that incident
happened is a personal favourite I often go in and tell them what I
want and end up talking to the owner or one of his sons whilst one of
the staff gathers what I need for me), I like Bow- it's beautiful in
places (some of the architecture is great), has wide pavements - I can
never get used to pavements so narrow people have to walk 2-3 abreast
on the main road here the pavements are about 50 feet or more wide so
whether you're in a hurry or taking a leisurely stroll there's room to
move and also the sense of history about the place if you (as we have)
look into it Not to mention amazing transport links, close to a
decent shopping centre (15 minutes on the bus) without having to have
the hassles associated with a big shopping centre on your doorstep or
for that matter a nightclub coming out late- the worse we get is the
"Little Driver" holding one of its karaoke nights until midnight on a
Saturday. Bow is not particulary wild- we go elsewhere for a wild
night as does everyone else
-----------

I thought you lived in Hackney.
I feel sure you said so once. Might be wrong.
Tweed

Old September 25th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 24, 5:43*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I thought you lived in Hackney.
I feel sure you said so once. *Might be wrong.

No when Dave was in hospital and they thought he'd in wheelchair for
the rest of his ,life a junior doctor tried to lure us into a ground
floor flat in Hackney at the time I was so stressed as you put it "You
work for the NHS and you listened to a junior doctor!"

There were several times I used "If you don't improve we could end up
in Hackney" as a motivational tool to get Dave back on his feet

We live in Bow, They'd have to pay me to live on some of the estates
in Hackney

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs