Roxy seems a little better today

Old September 26th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Roxy seems a little better today

When I got up this morning, Roxy looked a little better than she did last
night. I came out into the living room and cooed at her. She immediately
rolled on her side, did upside-downy head and squirmed around to be petted.
I petted her carefully, but for about 5 minutes, and she purred. Then I
got out a stick & string toy, which she played with fairly enthusiastically.
I noticed she wasn't moving her hips or back legs much, but was otherwise
very engaged in the game. Then at one moment she started to bunny-kick,
meowed (more softly than last night, and without the growl), and stopped
playing. Then she seemed a little uncomfortable, so no more games.

I fed them and they both ate. Later, she was sunning in the window, which
requires a bit of climbing, so she was able to navigate that. All in all,
she just seemed to be in less pain and more alert.

So now I'm thinking that while I was out last night, she must have
fallen on her hip in a funny way that either sprained something or maybe
temporarily dislocated something? The vet seemed pretty sure there were
no broken bones, so maybe her injury wasn't something that could be felt
just by handling her. Considering I was worried she might be having a
stroke, or kidney failure (which apparently can affect the rear legs),
or some other dire life-threatening illness, this seems pretty manageable
to me.

I gave her a squirt of the painkiller liquid this morning so she'd be
more comfortable during the day. I'll keep an eye on her to make sure it
doesn't get any worse, or that other symptoms don't develop, but she
may not need another vet visit immediately. I would like to take her in
for a blood panel and general checkup, though, as it's been a while since
her last one.

Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old September 26th 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Sep 26, 2:05*pm, wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear that. She probably has a sprain of some sort.
One time Rusty (RB) walked with his tail dragging the floor,
and yelled at me when I lifted his tail. I rushed him to the vet,
worried that the tail bone may be broken.
X-ray revealed nothing broken. The vet thought maybe he strained
his tail jumping and prescribed anti-inflammatory med. Didn't take
long for Rusty to be back to normal.
I think like humans, older cats can get strains on their limbs and
tails
readily. At least most older humans don't jump like older cats.

Winnie

Roxy seems a bit worse today :( [email protected] Cat anecdotes 10 February 11th 07 09:52 PM
A new first for Roxy O J Cat anecdotes 12 November 22nd 04 09:24 PM
Roxy seems better today [email protected] Cat anecdotes 51 June 13th 04 10:21 PM
Roxy (RB) Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 29 March 19th 04 05:47 AM
Roxy is being a sweetheart today! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 22nd 03 02:30 PM