What Would You Do?

Old August 14th 03, 04:31 PM
Mr B

If you believe in the whole "Eye for an Eye" thing, then the only real response would be to yank the
husbands finger nails out one at a time....

Old August 14th 03, 09:20 PM
Dee

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Ted Davis wrote:

I don't see it as primarily an animal issue - that was just the event
that percipitated things (of course, he derseved at a minimum to have
a tire iron wrapped around his head): it is a an issue of trust
between a married couple ... a trust that can no longer exist.

*quiet applause*

Dee

Old August 15th 03, 07:49 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , The Avocado Avenger at

From: "kmonk"

If
that means counselling fine, but we shouldn't be talking about violence or
divorce based on this

If my husband did something so atrocious, I would definintely divorce him.

Then that's your choice. However, you should let others decide if
that's the choice they would make for themselves or not. Some of the
posts sounded as though they were trying to convince the poster to
divorce, and that's not any of our business, no matter how you personally
feel about the situation.

* * *
Stacia *
* http://world.std.com/~stacia/
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I read most people saying that is what *they* would do. Not advising that to
the woman in the case although many *did* recommend counseling, which I
would say is VERY good advice in this case.

Karen

Old August 15th 03, 07:49 AM
Karen Chuplis

Old October 28th 03, 07:19 AM
Meghan Noecker

Which brings me to my question for the group- what would you do if faced
with this situation?

Boy, that is a really tough decision. I am not married yet, and I
would hope that anybody who thinks of marrying me, would never ever
consider doing such a thing.

Faced with this kind of betrayal, and physical harm, I would probably
be looking at a divorce. I would have to consider that abuse.

I know not everybody is against declawing, but assuming that a person
is not against it, I would still argue this as abuse simply because it
it is so badly against the wishes of the spouse, and thus would be
mental abuse.

As far as the declawing, I consider it physical abuse. I would not
accept that with human children, and I sure wouldn't accept it with my
animals. I would be horrified if this was done to my own animals, and
I would never be able to trust the person again.

Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

Old November 6th 03, 07:28 AM
The Great Kornholio

What would I do? Who gives a **** what I'd do? You did exactly what your email signature file warns NOT to do: NOTHING. Stirring up a little hysteria on a newsgroup of cat lovers has NO IMPACT on the people or animals involved (or next week's cast). Emailing your and probably dilutes whatever ire you might have ridden to help the situation. Your email drama-rama is similar to your website-mostly

wrote in message ...
As some of you know I own the website http://www.stopdeclaw.com
I often get emails and they are usually positive, generally filled with
good news about cats having their declaw appointments canceled :-), and
occasionally I get some filled with ignorant statements that I pretty
much ignore.

Today I received a message that made me cry. It was from a woman who
arrived home only to find that both of her 2 year old cats were missing.
It turns out that her husband went behind her back, despite knowing her
negative feelings on the subject, and had the cats declawed. Apparently
he was worried they might damage the new leather couch she just bought.

She is devastated, and hasn't been able to bring herself to approach her
children about what has happened, much less talk to her husband. I can
only imagine the heartbreak and betrayal she must be feeling right now.
I wrote her back and gave her support as best I could and told her what
I would do if this were to happen to me. I will not reveal that here as
I don't want to color people's responses.