Where can I buy s/d for less $$?

Old April 17th 04, 05:34 PM
faielyne

Default Where can I buy s/d for less $$?

My cat has just been prescribed Hill's s/d canned and dry food. I
live in Grand Rapids, Michigan and was wondering if anyone knows where
I can purchase this diet for less than the price of the vet's?
Currently I spend 1.70 per can and 11.30 per 4 pound bag. Are there
ways to buy larger quantities for less? I have three cats and the
others are eating Iams. It is too hard to feed them separatly and so
if I can find the dry food for around the same price as the Iams, I
would just give it to all of them. The vet said this would be
ok-actually beneficial-for the other two. One person told me Farm &
Fleet but I thought they went out of business. Anyway, this is a long
paragraph for one question. So I'll just wait for a response now.
Thanks!

faielyne
Old April 18th 04, 04:19 AM
eodemolay

"faielyne" wrote in message
My cat has just been prescribed Hill's s/d canned and dry food. I
live in Grand Rapids, Michigan and was wondering if anyone knows where
I can purchase this diet for less than the price of the vet's?
Currently I spend 1.70 per can and 11.30 per 4 pound bag. Are there
ways to buy larger quantities for less? I have three cats and the
others are eating Iams. It is too hard to feed them separatly and so
if I can find the dry food for around the same price as the Iams, I
would just give it to all of them. The vet said this would be
ok-actually beneficial-for the other two. One person told me Farm &
Fleet but I thought they went out of business. Anyway, this is a long
paragraph for one question. So I'll just wait for a response now.
Thanks!

faielyne

Prescription Diet s/d can only be purchased from a veterinary clinic. It is
a short term food designed to dissolve struvite crystals and should not be
fed for more than 6 months, preferably less or as soon as all signs of
crystals and stones are no longer visible on radiographs or by microscopic
exam of the urine.

Old April 18th 04, 02:00 PM
faielyne

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:19:24 -0500, "eodemolay"
wrote:

"faielyne" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

My vet told me that my cat would probably need to eat it for the rest
of his life and that it would be ok for my other two to eat it as
well. Storm is 4 and he is the one with problems. The other two are
3 and 15. I have a lot of faith in my vet, but now I'm worried. Why
no more than 6 months? Are you a vet? Or do you work for one? What
else can you tell me about this food? Thank you.