SF Bay Area: Cat needs help

Old April 20th 04, 06:39 PM
Stephen Denney

Default SF Bay Area: Cat needs help

A friend of mine who lives in Kensington of the SF Bay Area asked me to
forward her message. She has too many pets, including two that are ailing,
to take in this cat:

================

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:17:55 -0700
From: Judy Hardin
Subject: Cat needs help

If you all can spread the word, and let me know what other avenues are
available for this cat, I will be most appreciative.

My bus mate's father had been taking care of a cat in the retirement
community where he was living (she was probably abandoned at the center
when her owner died) until he moved into a nursing home last August. My
bus mate took her in at then. They don't like her because, although she is
incredibly affectionate to people, she doesn't get along with the other 2
cats and dog in the house. She is older and her kidneys are failing. I
suspect she may have thyroid problems too. Anyway, in the short term, they
need somebody to take care of this cat for 3 weeks beginning May 9. But in
the long run, they don't want to keep her anyway and want to dump her at
the shelter where she would have no chance whatsoever. I've asked my
friend to take her to the vet to get a complete health profile so we know
exactly what we're dealing with and she will do that sometime this week.

If any of you out there can help or know how to get some help, either for
the 3 weeks in May, or better yet, forever, please email me.

Thanks,
Judy

Old April 21st 04, 07:13 AM
-L. :

Stephen Denney wrote in message news:Pine.SOL.4.58.0404201037320.23689@apocalypse .OCF.Berkeley.EDU...
A friend of mine who lives in Kensington of the SF Bay Area asked me to
forward her message. She has too many pets, including two that are ailing,
to take in this cat:

Be careful posting this kind of stuff. There was a sick weirdo in the
Bay Area (San Jose) last year that was adopting cats and torturing
them - some to death and others just maiming them so he could get
attention from the vets staff. he evidently hasd some weird form of
Munchausen By Proxy. Anyway the guy went underground and hasn't
surfaced again yet.

-L.

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:17:55 -0700
From: Judy Hardin

[...]

Give it to one of your many homeless (ie: BUMS).