Car Ad Continued

Old April 20th 04, 04:30 AM
Jon C

I thought it was hilarious.

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:71%gc.58035$ec1.6160@okepread01...
We all remember this one. Leave it to Ford to blame an ad agency under

their
employ for this disgusting commercial. Now the ad agency is trying to

state
they also didn't sanction the commercial. Talk about passing the buck!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...d-ad19-ON.html

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old April 20th 04, 04:33 AM
Dennis Carr

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:13:46 +0000, Priscilla Ballou wrote:

I think they weighed the pros and cons and decided that idiots who buy
on name recognition outweighed the friends of animals.

Sad, that. *goes and shops for a Honda instead*

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old April 20th 04, 04:35 AM
Cat Protector

I am not sure that I can believe Ford given their past shadiness in business
dealings. Look what happened in the Firestone incidents. People were being
killed and Ford tried to weasel out of it. The public however was not buying
it though and they were hammered with lawsuits and public outcry. This
commercial is just another example of Ford's trying to get out of things buy
saying they had no knowledge or did not authorize it. Commercials like that
would not be cheap to make and the article stated the ad agency was hired by
Ford. I find it hard to believe Ford or this ad agency.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Ryan Robbins" wrote in message

You're ignoring a major factor: Backlash. It would make no sense to
authorize such an ad knowing that there could be a backlash against Ford

and
the ad agency.

And if you're thinking that Ford's denial was part of the plan, you've

been
watching too many conspiracy movies.

That ad was not that expensive to make. And it's not uncommon to create

knowing there's no guarantee the ad will run.

Old April 20th 04, 04:46 AM
Cat Protector

You are a sick person to think it was funny. I found it disgusting. Anyone
who thinks it is hilarious only says that they support animal cruelty and
those who do it.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
news

Old April 20th 04, 05:08 AM
RobZip

"Ryan Robbins" wrote in message

You're ignoring a major factor: Backlash. It would make no sense to
authorize such an ad knowing that there could be a backlash against Ford

and
the ad agency.

I might find more credibility in your argument if this was the first
instance of such ads. Ford, through the same agency and advertising the same
car in another viral ad, previously depicted a pigeon swooping down from a
tree towards the car only to be swatted into a lifeless spray of feathers in
the street when the hood flew up and smacked it out of the air.

This latest venture was merely pushing the envelope a notch or two farther.
Any time one pushes the limits, standard defenses are put into play if
public opinion goes against you. The ad has gotten a lot of attention,
people are much more aware of the particular car being promoted, and behind
closed doors there are snickers and high fives.

Old April 20th 04, 05:08 AM
Sherry

You are a sick person to think it was funny. I found it disgusting. Anyone
who thinks it is hilarious only says that they support animal cruelty and
those who do it.

Is anyone else getting that weird deja-moo feeling?

Sherry