Car Ad Continued

Old April 20th 04, 05:08 AM
Sherry

You are a sick person to think it was funny. I found it disgusting. Anyone
who thinks it is hilarious only says that they support animal cruelty and
those who do it.

Is anyone else getting that weird deja-moo feeling?

Sherry
Old April 20th 04, 05:25 AM
RobZip

This wasn't the first time they've stooped this low....

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_819254.html

An advert for a self-proclaimed 'evil' car featuring a pigeon-bashing bonnet
has been slammed by animal charities.

The advert shows a pigeon about to swoop down from a tree to deposit its
load on a newly-polished Ford Sportka.

As it gets close to the car the bonnet springs up, strikes the bird and
catapults it across the road to its death.

Pigeon fanciers have been quick to condemn the advert, which appears on the
Ford UK website.

Brian Tattersall, president of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association, has
called for the advert to be banned.

"It is in incredibly bad taste," he said.

"The pigeon finishes up dead in the middle of the road - it's black humour
which we don't find amusing.

"We have written to the Advertising Standards Agency and to Ford UK and are
hoping for an apology."

The RSPCA has also joined the battle to ban the advert, claiming that the
use of shock tactics to cause offence and gain publicity is just "very, very
bad taste."

Spokeswoman Katy Geary said: "There surely must be better ways of describing
a car's capabilities than this.

"It's about time that these companies stop these shock tactics, start acting
responsibly and think carefully about the messages they are giving out."

A spokeswoman for Ford said that the advert was aimed at young men and was
intended to be humorous.

"We do take the public's concerns very seriously but we believe that people
will understand that we would not hurt an animal in the making of an advert.

"The car is most certainly not designed to hurt animals."

Old April 20th 04, 06:25 AM
Ryan Robbins

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message

I think they weighed the pros and cons and decided that idiots who buy
on name recognition outweighed the friends of animals.

Then there is no reason for a commercial.

Old April 20th 04, 06:28 AM
Ryan Robbins

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
You are a sick person to think it was funny. I found it disgusting. Anyone
who thinks it is hilarious only says that they support animal cruelty and
those who do it.

Quit spewing such screwy logic.

Old April 20th 04, 07:41 AM
Cat Protector

What's the matter Ryan? Afraid I am right? It is you that is not logical.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old April 20th 04, 10:10 AM
Jeannie

--

I think this is being blow way out of proportion. If you think about this
logically, I would have thought that it would be pretty difficult to

What's more concerning to me is the suggestion from some, that things should
be censored or banned because they MIGHT influence SOMEONE to do SOMETHING.
Now that IS offensive. Big Brother anyone..

It's an advert, it's make-believe, it's not real!. If you don't like it,
engage brain, don't watch it, (especially if your only watching it just to
be offended) and don't buy a SportKa. Simple really

Jeannie