Litter box Question

Old April 25th 05, 06:13 PM
KittyLady

Default Litter box Question

I am asking this for my neighbor who just recently got 2 cats. I have
no clue what to tell her. She got a 6 year old named Tulula from the
shelter 3 weeks ago and a 4 month old named Angel from the shelter last
week. When she brought Angel home all went well except for now Tulula
will not poop in the litter box, She has taken them to the vet and they
say it is behavioral. I suggested she go and buy Tulula her own boxes
as she may not want to go were Angel goes. Now Angel uses all the boxes
and Tulula still Poop's on the floor. Same spot always near the box.
Any suggestions that I can give her?

Skritches,
KittyLady

Old April 25th 05, 07:33 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

KittyLady wrote:
I am asking this for my neighbor who just recently got 2 cats. I have
no clue what to tell her. She got a 6 year old named Tulula from the
shelter 3 weeks ago and a 4 month old named Angel from the shelter

last
week. When she brought Angel home all went well except for now Tulula
will not poop in the litter box, She has taken them to the vet and

they
say it is behavioral. I suggested she go and buy Tulula her own boxes
as she may not want to go were Angel goes. Now Angel uses all the

boxes
and Tulula still Poop's on the floor. Same spot always near the box.
Any suggestions that I can give her?

Skritches,
KittyLady

Does she get in the box and poop over the side? If so, try getting a
covered box. In fact, I found for one of my (now) RB babies, that the
covered box took care of a behavioural thing, since he was "shy".
Perhaps she can find a "cover" that will fit over the box without
having to buy a new one, or maybe getting a cardboard box big enough to
cover it with a "door" cut into it?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 25th 05, 08:31 PM
KittyLady

Okay I checked with Michelle and her box is not covered and Tulula is
not kicking out of the box. Michelle says she caught her yesterday
deliberatly going on the floor while the kitten was in one of the
boxes.
I have never meet a mean cat but I think maybe she is doing it to be
mean??

Old April 25th 05, 10:59 PM
Mishi

"KittyLady" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am asking this for my neighbor who just recently got 2 cats. I have
no clue what to tell her. She got a 6 year old named Tulula from the
shelter 3 weeks ago and a 4 month old named Angel from the shelter last
week. When she brought Angel home all went well except for now Tulula will
not poop in the litter box, She has taken them to the vet and they say it is
behavioral. I suggested she go and buy Tulula her own boxes as she may not
want to go were Angel goes. Now Angel uses all the boxes and Tulula still
Poop's on the floor. Same spot always near the box
Any suggestions that I can give her?

Skritches,
KittyLady

Hi KittyLady!

Does she have both of the boxes in the same room? If so, and if she can move
one to another spot, that may help. Do you know what type litter she is
using? There is a brand called Cat Attrack that may help. She may just have
to experiment a little with types to see if Talula likes one better.

Good luck to her!
Patti

Old April 25th 05, 11:00 PM
Jo Firey

"KittyLady" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay I checked with Michelle and her box is not covered and Tulula is
not kicking out of the box. Michelle says she caught her yesterday
deliberatly going on the floor while the kitten was in one of the
boxes.
I have never meet a mean cat but I think maybe she is doing it to be
mean??

I don't know if mean is the right word. But she may well be doing it just
to be obnoxious. There are plenty of cats who are very unhappy sharing
quarters with other cats.

And they are cats with just plain lousy personalities as well. They aren't
all saints.

Jo

Old April 25th 05, 11:35 PM
Christine Burel

"Mishi" wrote in message
"KittyLady" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I agree with Patti re having litter boxes in different areas. Also, I've
used that Cat Attract litter (Petsmart) and have found it to be quite good
(It is by Dr. Elsey) And, I also am wondering if Talula is feeling left out
because of the newest arrival. Your friend might want to try giving Talula
extra positive attention to try to reassure T. that she is not being
supplanted. I'd suggest maybe getting the Feliway spray and/or diffusers,
too.
hth,
Christine and Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old April 26th 05, 01:51 AM
Enfilade

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message roups.com...
KittyLady wrote:
I am asking this for my neighbor who just recently got 2 cats. I have
no clue what to tell her. She got a 6 year old named Tulula from the
shelter 3 weeks ago and a 4 month old named Angel from the shelter

last
week. When she brought Angel home all went well except for now Tulula
will not poop in the litter box, She has taken them to the vet and

they
say it is behavioral. I suggested she go and buy Tulula her own boxes
as she may not want to go were Angel goes. Now Angel uses all the

boxes
and Tulula still Poop's on the floor. Same spot always near the box.
Any suggestions that I can give her?

Skritches,
KittyLady

Ask what kind of litter they were using at the shelter (sawdust?
clay? silica beads?) and use that. But I think the covered box is a
good idea since it seems Tulula is having trouble with smelling
Angel's poop in the box. or being upset while she goes.

It seems like Tulula wants ot use the box--she's just nervous to.

--Fil
Old April 26th 05, 02:12 PM
KittyLady

Thanks for all the advice. I will pass it on to Michelle at lunch
today. I hope she is able to get this issue resolved because she really
loves the kitties but is having a hard time with the Poop in the floor.
Skritches,
KittyLady