Armed men steal cat

Old January 4th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Armed men steal cat

Mark Edwards wrote:

Now this is really weird. A couple of men in Dallas (just up the road
from my dad's house!) stole a cat at gunpoint! No money was taken -
just the cat.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5823941/detail.html

I fear this cat might have been stolen for a dog fight.

Joyce
Old January 4th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Mark Edwards wrote:

Now this is really weird. A couple of men in Dallas (just up the road
from my dad's house!) stole a cat at gunpoint! No money was taken -
just the cat.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5823941/detail.html

I fear this cat might have been stolen for a dog fight.

No, cats are too easy to come by for these men to risk
prison over by stealing one for a dog fight.

Old January 4th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nah. SOmething else up here. I think NMR is right. They could FIND any cat
for something like that. Really wierd. Hope they like the cat as much as
they seem to. Very strange.

Old January 5th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

Nah. SOmething else up here. I think NMR is right. They could FIND any cat
for something like that. Really wierd. Hope they like the cat as much as
they seem to. Very strange.

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Joyce
Old January 5th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Karen wrote:

Nah. SOmething else up here. I think NMR is right. They could FIND any

cat
for something like that. Really wierd. Hope they like the cat as much

as
they seem to. Very strange.

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Those are not the only choices.

Old January 5th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Those are not the only choices.

If someone put Smokey in a PetCo, I would steal him back.

I do hope this cat will be okay.

(I agree that if you want a cat for dogbaiting or some similar shady
purpose, it is much easier to nab one off the street or answer a "free
to good home" ad than it is to steal one at gunpoint.)

--Fil

Old January 5th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cybercat wrote:

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Those are not the only choices.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I was just saying, if it's a nice person, why the
armed robbery?

Joyce
Old January 5th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use

armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Those are not the only choices.

If someone put Smokey in a PetCo, I would steal him back.

yeah, that was the choice I was thinking of. Although, if it was their
cat, why not just TELL the people, you know?

I do hope this cat will be okay.

me too.

(I agree that if you want a cat for dogbaiting or some similar shady
purpose, it is much easier to nab one off the street or answer a "free
to good home" ad than it is to steal one at gunpoint.)

This is one of those stories that, although my first desire is to see the
kitty be safe,
my second is to learn WHY the guys did it.

Could be something as strange as "major catlovers who are broke and have a
habit
of acting outside the law fall in love with orange tabby." As we have all
seen, there
are certainly thugs among cat lovers! 8*(

Old January 5th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

Well, I hope you all are right. It just doesn't seem to me that if it
was some nice guy adopting a cat for his child, that he would use

armed
robbery as the way to obtain the cat! Something's wrong there...

Those are not the only choices.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I was just saying, if it's a nice person, why the
armed robbery?

I would agree that generally people who commit armed robbery are
not nice people!! But--not all cat lovers are nice people, either.
They might be nice to cats, but terrible to humans. Actually, from the
way many people behave, that makes more sense to me than I like.

Old January 5th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 04 Jan 2006 08:35:30p, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:1136424929.988212.223620
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

If someone put Smokey in a PetCo, I would steal him back.

We (local SPCA here) had a situation like that when a cat I used to
foster was returned from his first adopted notonetruehome and he had
to go back to the foster coordinator because he wasn't the same when
he came back, and I already had a problem foster cat here. The FC
decided to put him at a PetCo for more exposure, but a woman shopper
saw him and decided he was her cat that had run away. The dates
didn't coincide at all, so he couldn't be her cat. She stole him
from the PetCo. I don't know the details, but apparently she was
spotted hanging around the adoption area after being told he couldn't
be her cat, and when she was gone, he was gone. I think about that
cat often and hope that she gave him a good home. He sure deserved
it.

--
Cheryl

Armed men steal cat NMR Cat anecdotes 0 January 4th 06 01:56 AM
OT-Shooting Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 172 December 29th 04 07:47 PM
(US OH) Dog Pound workers armed with license to kill; animal abuse evident [email protected] Cat anecdotes 14 July 22nd 04 10:54 AM