What's Happening?

Old November 29th 04, 08:34 PM
jmcquown

Default What's Happening?

Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular posters,
I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts are appearing double
where they weren't here that way before. Does someone need to do a virus
scan or something? Is it my bellsouth host or do others see this too?

Jill

Old November 29th 04, 08:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:34:32 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular posters,
I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts are appearing double
where they weren't here that way before. Does someone need to do a virus
scan or something? Is it my bellsouth host or do others see this too?

Jill

I'm seeing nothing like that in my reader-- but I have heard about
trolling posts spoofing regular posters in another ng. I'll check the
group through another reader to see if I see any of it.

Theresa
Old November 29th 04, 08:50 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular posters,

I haven't seen those.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 29th 04, 08:50 PM
TBird

Spam. It's happening in lots of newsgroups.

Really irritating.

TBird ---- delurking

news

Old November 29th 04, 08:51 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:43:20 -0500, Kreisleriana
yodeled:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:34:32 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular posters,
I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts are appearing double
where they weren't here that way before. Does someone need to do a virus
scan or something? Is it my bellsouth host or do others see this too?

Jill

I'm seeing nothing like that in my reader-- but I have heard about
trolling posts spoofing regular posters in another ng. I'll check the
group through another reader to see if I see any of it.

Whoa! I just did a search on a random string from the posting-- the
same thing has been pretty much spewed all over USENET this morning.

Theresa
Old November 29th 04, 08:52 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:34:32 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular
posters, in reply to threads about cats; said replies have nothing
to do with cats. I've noticed some other posters original on topic

From: Steve Touchstone
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Meowmie got a MONSTER!!!!
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:23:18 GMT

From: "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Christmas with kitten?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:50:18 GMT

They are coming from HiNetnews.hinet.com. Not our regular posters.

Jill

Old November 29th 04, 08:56 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

jmcquown wrote:
Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular
posters, in reply to threads about cats; said replies have nothing to
do with cats. I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts
are appearing double where they weren't here that way before. Does
someone need to do a virus scan or something? Is it my bellsouth
host or do others see this too?

Jill

Seen them in several groups, both cat and non-cat. what's annoying is that
they appear to be from regular posters, so you don't know *not* to block
them, etc....

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old November 29th 04, 09:18 PM
Karen

I've seen it on a couple of newsgroups. Exact same post through a forged
regular address.
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular

posters,

cats.

I haven't seen those.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 29th 04, 09:28 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular
posters,
cats.
I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts are appearing
double
where they weren't here that way before. Does someone need to do a virus
scan or something? Is it my bellsouth host or do others see this too?

Jill

I've seen a several, which, in most cases, looked like incomplete posts
-- as if a chunk of text came out of one message in a fairly random
manner. IIRC, the ones I saw were supposedly from Steve Touchstone, but
nothing like what I'd think of as his writing style.
Old November 29th 04, 10:24 PM
Yoj

"jmcquown" wrote in message
news
Suddenly political posts are appearing in the guise of our regular

posters,

cats.
I've noticed some other posters original on topic posts are appearing

double
where they weren't here that way before. Does someone need to do a

virus
scan or something? Is it my bellsouth host or do others see this too?

Jill

I've noticed it today.

Joy