is this normal?

Old February 22nd 04, 05:45 PM
Cheryl

MacCandace wrote in on
22 Feb 2004:

Hmmm, well, a) I don't think "eat ****" is all that awful of a thing
to say. Much worse gets posted on this ng frequently.

Not only that, it has been amusingly taken out of context. Every time I see
someone refer to that statement I crack up.

"Really? Then maybe you should just eat some ****. You can just add some
synthetic vitamins, LOL"

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II
Old February 22nd 04, 07:51 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:03:51 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Mary ) said,

Hey, if I have to put her with her presenting her butt for

sniffing
(I
turn her around and sniff her nose instead), then she can put up

with
me kissing her occasionally

Haha! Cheeks does this and I tell her, "I am your Mama in EVERY

OTHER
WAY, but I am not going to wash your butt."

When my cats do that, I just blow at 'em. They turn right around.

LOL!

Old February 22nd 04, 07:52 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:48:01 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Mary ) said,
Because he's lying.

That´s my impression too.

Ooo. Careful or the top of Phil's head might blow off.

Okay, this gave me a chuckle both times that I read it. :-)

Now, now, it is a real concern!

Well, the first time, I marked it as unread because I intended to
come back and respond to it. The second time, I just couldn't help
laughing again. :-)

Okay I'll come clean.

(psssssst! ......

I really don't CARE if Phil's head explodes!)

Old February 22nd 04, 10:39 PM
Phil P.

"Orchid" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:18:32 -0500, "Phil P."
wrote:

even to people who have
called me a murderer.

I don't think I actually called you a murderer, did I?

Yeah, actually, you did. You said that by purchasing my boys
that I had murdered two shelter kitties.

I don't think I've ever used the term "murder". I probably said buying a
cat from a breeder takes a home away from a shelter cat that would end up
being killed because of the lack of that home. -- which is true -- athough
some people would not get a cat unless it was a specfic breed pedigree.
Those people aren't a part of the equasion because they have no impact on
the general feline population. I don't consider them real cat lovers
because they don't actually love cats as a species. You're not one of those
people because you also have a love of natural bred cats.

Breeders claim that only 5-10% of the pet cats in the US are pedigrees.
That translates into about 3.5-7 million cats - The lower number is about
the number of cats killed each year in the nation's kill-shelters.

All the cat registry organizations combined don't register 3 mllion new
pedigrees a year so I don't know how many cats breeders actually contribute
to the cat overpopulation but its clear that they do contribute to the
problem - hobby breeders less so than commercial and backyard breeders
because many hobby breeders only "breed to order" rather than churn out
litters one after the other.

Good luck.

Phil