UPDATE: Mom in hospital

Old October 24th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default UPDATE: Mom in hospital

Joy wrote:
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
[mini stroke]

No cluons were harmed when jmcquown wrote:
Do they know what may have caused it? A minor blockage? Pin-prick
anneurism? Sometimes they have no clue. The brain is a strange
thing.

She says, contrary kids (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

If she's retained her sense of humor, you know she'll be okay. I'm
glad it wasn't worse.

Joy

I agree! (about both, the sense of humour and contrary kids) LOL Purrs
continue.

Jill

Old October 24th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Oct 23, 8:54�pm, wrote:
On Oct 23, 5:59�pm, Mark Edwards wrote:

[mini stroke]

No cluons were harmed when jmcquown wrote:

Do they know what may have caused it? �A minor blockage? �Pin-prick
anneurism? �Sometimes they have no clue. �The brain is a strange thing.

She says, contrary kids (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Well, we know where you get your sense of humor now don't we? �We're
glad it isn't too bad. �Sending purrs for everyone, including Lucy.

-Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Post stroke rehab is really effective now. Spiceypurrs for a great
recovery.

Suz&Spicey
Old October 24th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way for you and your mother.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Well, it looks like a stroke, but not a major one. She is somewhat numb,
has a little bit of a slur, and no aphasia to speak of.

They say if she doesn't give them a hard time (grin), she may get to go
home next week.

My sister is keeping an eye on Lucy the cat, who seems slightly worried.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old October 24th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:26:44 -0500, Mark Edwards wrote:

Well, it looks like a stroke, but not a major one. She is somewhat numb,
has a little bit of a slur, and no aphasia to speak of.

Sending purrs for her recovery to go well.

My father-in-law had a similar event a year and half ago. He spent a few
weeks in rehab but recovered quite well. He has been back in hospital
several times, but these have been for events not related to the stroke.

Prognosis for recovery from small strokes can be very positive.

Dan
Old October 24th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Well, it looks like a stroke, but not a major one. She is somewhat numb,
has a little bit of a slur, and no aphasia to speak of.

They say if she doesn't give them a hard time (grin), she may get to go
home next week.

My sister is keeping an eye on Lucy the cat, who seems slightly worried.

Am sending our best for you, your mom, your whole family and for Miss Lucy
to make it through this all.

Pam S.

Old November 5th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Mark Edwards wrote:
Well, it looks like a stroke, but not a major one. She is somewhat numb,
has a little bit of a slur, and no aphasia to speak of.

They say if she doesn't give them a hard time (grin), she may get to go
home next week.

My sister is keeping an eye on Lucy the cat, who seems slightly worried.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Oh, I am so glad it was "minor"; there's a lot of hope she can get back
to normal from here. purrs that she does.

Ginger-lyn