Gasp! My father has a kitten!

Old November 26th 04, 03:18 AM
CatNipped

Default Gasp! My father has a kitten!

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Another cat slave is born! They'll do it
to the most unlikely people sometimes! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

My father has a kitten!

This is shock because:

My father has a blind poodle who hates cats (Mozart).
My father has a Pekipoo (Angel).
My father has a LARGE dog in the back yard (Muffin - really).
My father has never been interested in cats.

The kitten started out being abandoned by its mother on a neighbor's
property. The neighbor threw the nearly-newborn kitten over the fence
into my dad's back yard. Muffin picked the kitten up and brought it to
my dad, licking her chops the whole time that my dad examined the
kitten, who didn't even have her eyes open yet.

Well, my dad bathed the kitten, took it to the vet, bought
abandoned-kitten supplies at PetSmart, and named her Lucy.

Lucy is now three months old, and is a very beautiful, very spoiled
calico girl. She and Angel think they are sisters. Mozart pretty much
ignores Lucy, but doesn't care for her. Muffin stays outdoors.

Lucy has been given all her shots, has a pretty little red collar with
rhinestones on it to match her princess status (grin), and already has
scads of toys. My dad has even bought a "How to Raise Cats" book (boy,
won't he be surprised - evil grin), when he finds that cats raise us.

He asked me "Did you ever see me having a cat?" (No, I didn't). And he
tells me that he has never had a cat as a pet (he is almost 70).

I didn't take my camera, but I will on Christmas. Here is my best

Lucy is a three-month old calico girl kitty with mainly white fur,
overlaid with black and orange (mostly on her back and rump). She has
a patch of striped orange under one front leg, and her tail is sort of
banded with black, orange and white. She is a short hair, with
incredibly soft fur, and incredibly sharp teeth and claws (and fits
the homicidal muffin description perfectly - grin). She has a very
kissable, but well-protected (by teeth and claws - grin) tummy.

Every now and then, she walks up to my dad, jumps or climbs on his
lap, puts her front paws on his chest, then leans her head forward for
a kiss, after which she will curl up close by and nap.

She follows my dad everywhere he goes, listens closely to everything
he tells her, and picks things up very quickly. It is obvious that she
adores my dad, and that he adores her.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old November 26th 04, 03:36 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Mark Edwards at
wrote on 11/25/04 7:52 PM:

[...]

Oh my gosh how adorable IS that! He did really well to get a healthy 3 month
old out of a newborn. That is NOT easy!! I can't wait for pics.

Old November 26th 04, 04:44 AM
Jo Firey

How nice!

When my mother was getting close to 80 she started talking to my sister and
I about her cat. She needed to feed it, clean the litter box, etc. We both
just flat assumed mom was getting senile. (Which was true)

She lived alone in an apartment in an assisted living center that didn't
allow pets, unless it was a small cat or dog you already had when you moved
in and then only as long as that pet lived and you were able to care for it.

Imagine our surprise when I visited and was talking to the lady that ran the
center's beauty shop.

It was her cat. She had taken to bringing it to work with her and the
residents were crazy about it. Especially my (not a cat person thank you)
Mom. And Mom had kept the cat over the weekend on many occasions when the
lady who owned it went out of town.

Jo

Old November 26th 04, 04:58 AM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:52:45 -0600, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

[...]

This is just a wonderful story. Old cats, dogs and dads are learning
new tricks all the time. Purrs and blessings on them!

Theresa
Old November 26th 04, 05:59 AM
Marina

Mark Edwards wrote:

She follows my dad everywhere he goes, listens closely to everything
he tells her, and picks things up very quickly. It is obvious that she
adores my dad, and that he adores her.

Wow, congratulations to your dad for finally being adopted by the
superior species! I suppose it's never too late.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old November 26th 04, 07:18 AM
Tanada

Mark Edwards wrote:

He asked me "Did you ever see me having a cat?" (No, I didn't). And he
tells me that he has never had a cat as a pet (he is almost 70).

Isn't it funny when a formerly non-cat person becomes one of the owned?
My FIL was so funny when they visited us after Rob's operation. He'd
be in the bathroom shaving and Pine Cone would be sitting on the
bathroom counter watching FIL put lather on his face and scrape it off.
Pine Cone thought that it was SO fascinating that one would try to get
rid of the face fur, let alone do it by putting stuff on your face.
Rob, incidentally, uses an electric razor.

Pam S.

Old November 26th 04, 10:25 AM

Mark Edwards wrote:

My father has a kitten!

[snip adorable story]

That's really great! I love stories about people who never cared
for cats suddenly becoming smitten with one - converts are the most
zealous. Your dad sounds like a great guy. He should read the
book "My Cat Spit McGee", by Willie Morris. It's about a guy who...
well, who never liked cats until he married a cat person, and ended
up rescuing a newborn kitten during birth - who became his beloved
kitty companion, Spit McGee.

Oh, and please pass on the worst of my 3 cats' litterbox offerings
to the horrible neighbor who tossed a completely helpless, nearly
newborn baby over a fence into a yard - with a huge dog, no less!

Joyce
Old November 26th 04, 10:52 AM
Takayuki

Mark Edwards wrote:

She follows my dad everywhere he goes, listens closely to everything
he tells her, and picks things up very quickly. It is obvious that she
adores my dad, and that he adores her.

How cute, a kitten that listens! She sounds like she has especially
strong enslavement powers.

Old November 26th 04, 10:54 AM
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:

Isn't it funny when a formerly non-cat person becomes one of the owned?
My FIL was so funny when they visited us after Rob's operation. He'd
be in the bathroom shaving and Pine Cone would be sitting on the
bathroom counter watching FIL put lather on his face and scrape it off.
Pine Cone thought that it was SO fascinating that one would try to get
rid of the face fur, let alone do it by putting stuff on your face.
Rob, incidentally, uses an electric razor.

So what did your FIL think about Pine Cone's fascination with his
shaving?

Old November 26th 04, 11:05 AM
polonca12000

That's wonderful!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Purrs for sick kitten, please Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 46 May 9th 04 03:00 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM