Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old March 11th 04, 11:59 AM
~*Connie*~

I have two cats and a dog. I'm a bi-pet person. g I love my dog

because
he can go places with me; to people's houses for BBQ, he can go with me to
the store

cats, if started young enough, do travel well.
my Jack used to go everywhere with me.

Old March 11th 04, 05:55 PM
David Stevenson

josh wrote
hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

Oh, not again.

It's a joke, in extremely poor taste no doubt, and you are the 536th
person to take it seriously.

Can I ask how this comes under a thread 'Why did you pick a cat over a
dog?'?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old March 11th 04, 05:56 PM
M.C. Mullen

| I prefer cats because I just love everything about them, their
| independance, their gracefulness, their cleanliness. And, of course,
| their appearance. When I look at a cat's face, its little paws, its
| soft slender body, I see nothing but pure perfection and beauty.
|
| Dogs smell.

My dog doesn't, honestly, but the cat does ... and the litterbox *stinks*!
Dogs are faithful friends and they accept you as master.
Dogs help you getting *lots* of nice contacts with other doggy people when
going for a walk.
Cats are cuddly, and they are not that demanding. You can go away for a
day or two without them.
But I have to confess that this is the highlight of me getting up in the
morning: cat #1 on top of my knees at six in the morning, cat # 2 on top of
my chest, purring, dog: warming my feet. And after the six o'clock news I
go into the kitchen, and they all race there too in order to get their
breakfast
:-D
Well, "no-pet-people" just haven't a clue what they miss out on.
My vote: dogs AND cats!!
(AND ponies AND rabbits AND hamsters AND guinea pigs AND parrots ...)

Carola

Old March 11th 04, 05:56 PM
M.C. Mullen

Old March 11th 04, 07:37 PM
Jacqueline

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:00:08 GMT, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:37 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:
Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
that kinda warm musty sour smell.

I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The cats themselves don't smell, I can pick up a cat and give it a
good sniff and it doesn't really smell of much. Dogs just seem to
permeate smells, and damp dogs are the worst smell in the world!
Puppies and kittens are a different matter though - I could sniff them
til the cows come home, that lovely buttery sweet smell, mmmm. But
enough of my fantasies :-p

And they have horrible breath when
they come and slobber all over you. Ugh. And they're too 'hard', even

Growing up with dogs, I thought they were the perfect pet. Since I
became a cat owner, my tolerance for dogs has all but left me. I
visit my sister's house (she has two large dogs) and her dogs are
attention starved, slobbering beasts. I need a shower and a change of
clothes when I leave her house.
pepsi

Heheh. My aunt had a jack russell that was incredibly excitable. It
was perfectly house trained but when it saw you it did a little
'dribble'. In some cases a large dribble. I needed a shower after that
one!

Old March 11th 04, 09:44 PM

wrote:
Tee-hee! But how often to people shampoo their dogs? Not often enough!
I can always tell if someone has a dog when I walk into their house,
that kinda warm musty sour smell.

I love cats, but you can tell when you walk into a cat owner's house,
too. Especially if there is a litter box nearby.

Disagree, the house will only smell if they've just filled the litter
tray or are spraying their territory. Guess I'm fortunate that I've
never had a cat pee or poop anywhere but in the tray and I use
low-odour pine litter that is removed as soon as something's done on
it - in part because they're here in the office and I couldn't sit
here very long when one of them has just done its business!

The only true test is invite people over that don't live with you and
see they notice an odor. My cat has never missed the litter box,
either, and to me, there is no smell, even though I live in a small
apartment and the litter box is behind the front door. I keep the
litter box clean and use a spray freshener when needed.
When I go to other people's houses, they all have odors, whether it be
from pets, cooking, etc. What you don't smell, someone else may. I
can name a few dog owners that don't think their houses smell, either.
I'm not in any way saying your house probably does smell, I'm just
saying that a homeowner doesn't notice smells that visiters might.
pepsi