Catnip question

Old August 13th 05, 07:44 AM
FemCat

Default Catnip question

My cat loves your catnip. I have one question however. I'm finding very
small, hard dark brown items underneath the cardboard of her scratcher, and
that's where I usually sprinkle the catnip.

They look like seeds of some sort, but I'm not sure. Upon very close
inspection, each little hard item has what appears to be two white dots on
one side. At first, I thought it could be a carpet mite, but my vet put it
under a microscope and couldn't determine what it was. I've also seen them
in the container of catnip.

There are perhaps 1/32" large (maybe smaller.
Would anyone happen to know what these are?
Old August 13th 05, 08:16 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:44:46 -0500, FemCat wrote:

My cat loves your catnip. I have one question however. I'm finding very
small, hard dark brown items underneath the cardboard of her scratcher, and
that's where I usually sprinkle the catnip.

They look like seeds of some sort, but I'm not sure. Upon very close
inspection, each little hard item has what appears to be two white dots on
one side. At first, I thought it could be a carpet mite, but my vet put it
under a microscope and couldn't determine what it was. I've also seen them
in the container of catnip.

There are perhaps 1/32" large (maybe smaller.
Would anyone happen to know what these are?

Why yes, maam, I happen to know they are catnip seeds. I mean, what
else would they be? Why would carpet mites be in a bag of catnip???

http://www.sharonsherbgarden.homeste...tnipseeds.html

You might wish to plant some so she could have live catnip plants to
destroy. Cats love to do that. The plants smell nice too; they are a
sort of mint. They will grow in full sun or a sunny window.

Charlie
Old August 13th 05, 04:13 PM
Spot

I always assumed they were just part of the catnip plant. I find these all
the time when giving my cats catnip.

Celeste

"FemCat" wrote in message
My cat loves your catnip. I have one question however. I'm finding very
small, hard dark brown items underneath the cardboard of her scratcher,

and
that's where I usually sprinkle the catnip.

They look like seeds of some sort, but I'm not sure. Upon very close
inspection, each little hard item has what appears to be two white dots on
one side. At first, I thought it could be a carpet mite, but my vet put

it
under a microscope and couldn't determine what it was. I've also seen

them
in the container of catnip.

There are perhaps 1/32" large (maybe smaller.
Would anyone happen to know what these are?

QUESTION earmite problems and catnip buying in canada SEKT Cat community 0 July 8th 05 05:41 AM
Question regarding catnip vs catmint animzmirot Cat health & behaviour 2 June 9th 05 04:27 AM
Why does catnip/catmint affect cats? sarah Cat health & behaviour 14 April 12th 05 04:55 AM
Catnip styles Dan M Cat anecdotes 20 February 8th 04 03:21 PM
Question about catnip Jill McQuown Cat anecdotes 14 September 10th 03 04:44 PM