Arriving at the Temple

Old May 7th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

Default Arriving at the Temple

It's almost midnight and Anaïs and Tiger's 'porter
twinkles in the courtyard of the Temple; they walk
in through the tall brass doors. The Temple is
cavernous, with high ceilings, but well lit by
many tall, narrow windows which let in the soft,
silvery moonlight. Along the sides are many
statues of Bast, and panels of paintings
portraying her. In front is the giant, bronze
statue of Bast; a kitten in her left paw and a
sistrum in her right, with many bronze kittens at
her feet; she is flanked by two smaller golden
sphinxes. The floor is made of deep blue Lapis
Lazuli inlaid with gold hieroglyphics, polished by
ages of padded feet walking on it. Cushions are
set up along the length and breadth, and the
ushers have scattered flowers and petals all over.
Frankincense and Myrrh are burning and fill the
temple with their mystical fragrance. At the front
right, at the keyboard of a huge pipe organ sits
Hercule Lenoir in deep blue velvet robes decorated
with gold; in front of him in their Lapis blue and
silver robes is the temple choir of a hundred
cats; Hercule is playing Bach's TOCATTA AND FUGUE
IN D MINOR; the sound of the organ fills the
temple.

Hundreds of 'porters are twinkling as cats from
all over the world arrive, some with kittens, some
without. Scottish folds in kilts; Japanese
Bob-Tails in kimonos... They wave at Louise, who
is sitting next to an elderly white Himmy, who
they recognize as the Queen of Catengland. As the
ushers struggle to seat the crowd, Anaïs and Tiger
find a cushion near Hercule and wave, looking for
Rebecca to sit with them.

As the temple fills, the music fades and mewing
and meowing fills the temple. Suddenly the organ
thunders, the choir stands and sings in unison,
their songs reverberating off of the walls as
thousands of sparkling lights shoot through the
air. Mau, the High Priestess suddenly appears at
altar at the foot of Bast's statue, wrapped in her
black velvet robes. All that can be seen are her
green eyes glowing and the glow of the large
emerald scarab around her neck amidst the
sparkling lights.

In a soft voice Mau meows: "Fellow cats, we come
here on the night of the New Moon before
mid-summer's eve each year to bless the kittens of
the world and introduce them to the first
mysteries of the feline world. Let the kittens
come up here, to the altar." A wave of kittens
begin to file forward and fill the front. "My
beautiful children, welcome to the Temple of Bast.
This is your home, for not far from here,
thousands and thousands of years ago, we cats
first appeared on this planet. Ages and ages ago,
we began our curious relationship with humans not
far from here too, and not long after we appeared
they came to adore us, and built this temple to
worship us in the form of Bast, whose statues and
carvings grace this temple, for it was us, cats,
who changed their lives by making their granaries
free of rodents, giving them the food that would
allow them to establish a great civilization."

[To be continued]
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"Whereof one can not speak, thereof one must be
silent"
Ludwig Wittgenstein,1889-1951

5/7/2009 12:29:29 PM
Old May 7th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Hundreds of 'porters are twinkling as cats from
all over the world arrive, some with kittens, some without. Scottish
folds in kilts; Japanese Bob-Tails in kimonos... They wave at Louise,
who is sitting next to an elderly white Himmy, who they recognize as the
Queen of Catengland. As the ushers struggle to seat the crowd, Anaïs and
Tiger find a cushion near Hercule and wave, looking for Rebecca to sit
with them.

[With a sparkle of teleporters Aed and Morgana lead a group of Second
World kitties into the temple. The Second World cats are all wearing
emerald green robes with cowls pulled over their heads. They proceed
silently to empty cushions. Aed looks around to see if he can spot Trudi.]
Old May 7th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Trudi is sitting in the back by the entrance to the temple, while her eyes
and mind are sharp, her feet aren't quite sure enough to manuver the
polished floors, she sees her other world friend and smiles and raises a paw
in salute..

Old May 7th 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:37:09 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

Trudi is sitting in the back by the entrance to the temple, while her
eyes and mind are sharp, her feet aren't quite sure enough to manuver
the polished floors, she sees her other world friend and smiles and
raises a paw in salute..

[Aed rises and walks back to where Trudi is standing.]

Meow, Trudi! It's wonderful to see you again. May I sit with you? And I
noticed a soft carpet rolled up in a corner. Would you like me to unroll
it down one of the side aisles, so you could walk there comfortably? I'm
sure the temple cats placed it there for just that purpose.

Aed
Old May 7th 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =`^..^`=

"Community Cats"
Hundreds of 'porters are twinkling as cats from
all over the world arrive, some with kittens, some without. Scottish
folds in kilts; Japanese Bob-Tails in kimonos... They wave at Louise,
who is sitting next to an elderly white Himmy, who they recognize as the
Queen of Catengland. As the ushers struggle to seat the crowd, Anaïs and
Tiger find a cushion near Hercule and wave, looking for Rebecca to sit
with them.

[With a sparkle of teleporters Aed and Morgana lead a group of Second
World kitties into the temple. The Second World cats are all wearing
emerald green robes with cowls pulled over their heads. They proceed
silently to empty cushions. Aed looks around to see if he can spot Trudi.]

A porter twinkles and lands softly. Mosey, Mimzy and Bob Qat are seated
Mimzy sees her frend Morgana and waves. ' Will yoo sit wiff usses?' she asks
in a tiny voice.
[whispers to hur Pa Mosey 'hur is sew bootiful'] Diz is awl so, wunnerful.
We brotted r majic stones dat Morgana gabe usses.
I feal wike I gonna cwy cuz dis iz furry tuching,
Mosey hugs boff hiz bitties n smiles at Morgana..

Old May 7th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

A porter twinkles and lands softly. Mosey, Mimzy and Bob Qat are seated
Mimzy sees her frend Morgana and waves. ' Will yoo sit wiff usses?' she
asks in a tiny voice.
[whispers to hur Pa Mosey 'hur is sew bootiful'] Diz is awl so,
wunnerful. We brotted r majic stones dat Morgana gabe usses. I feal wike
I gonna cwy cuz dis iz furry tuching, Mosey hugs boff hiz bitties n
smiles at Morgana..

[Morgana joins Mosey and the kits, smiling at their excitement.]

Are you kits going to go up front for the presentation of the kittens? I
know you're getting to be big kits, but you're not too old to partake.
And I think your stones might benefit from accepting the blessing of the
Priestess.

This is touching, isn't it Mosey? This is the first time any of us Second
World cats have attended.

Morgana
Old May 7th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee[_2_]

Sundance walks in purrowdlee with Pit2nya on hiz arm.
She is wearing a crimsun drezz and hur wondurful red pendant onna blak
velvit ribbun
Oh I yam so hapy dat we arrivt in tyme furr diz spayshul seremonee!
--
Pitô.ônya AKA Sweetee

Old May 8th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mercurio[_4_]

On 7 May 2009 17:02:00 GMT, Community Cats wrote:

[With a sparkle of teleporters Aed and Morgana lead a group of Second
World kitties into the temple. The Second World cats are all wearing
emerald green robes with cowls pulled over their heads. They proceed
silently to empty cushions.

[Aed hears a voice from his side; he was sure
that no one was on the cushion next to him... He
turns to see a cat in a lapis-blue temple robe
with the hood up. All he can see are two yellow
eyes and a gold scroll pendant with a glowing,
blue stone]

[Mercurio] "Meow, and peace be with you!" As the
kitty drops the hood he sees Mercurio.

[Aed] "Meow, and peace be with you, too! I could
have sworn this cushion was unoccupied... but i
guess I'm getting old..."

[Mercurio] "Well, my friend" he says with his
eyes twinkling and a mischievous note in his
voice, "you know that the humans say that we cats
seem to materialize out of nowhere!"

[They both laugh]

[Mercurio] You must come down to the library when
you have a minute; I have some newly-found
scrolls. They seem to be from the XIV Dynasty.
Some Bedouin kittens discovered them just south of
Thebes... Ahhh, but I see that you are with the
lovely Trudi. Let me go back to the front and give
the new Priests and Priestesses a hand. Look for
me at the banquet."

--
Ciao kittiez,

Mercurio
5/7/2009 7:09:46 PM
Old May 8th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

Hihi, Anaïs an Tiger. Da tempul iz furry impressiv, an Maggy May lukz
ekstatik to see awl doze kittinz. Duznt Hercule luk nice?

Rebecca

Old May 8th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Thu, 7 May 2009 18:11:44 -0700, Rebecca's
nimble, little paws typed:

Hihi, Anaïs an Tiger. Da tempul iz furry impressiv, an Maggy May lukz
ekstatik to see awl doze kittinz. Duznt Hercule luk nice?

Rebecca

Hihi Rebecca,

Sit down wif us heer. He sure duz, an hez a great
moozicizn!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"Whereof one can not speak, thereof one must be
silent"
Ludwig Wittgenstein,1889-1951

5/7/2009 11:08:54 PM