Growing pains

Old November 6th 05, 09:56 AM
Marina

Default Growing pains

As has been brought to my attention (I didn't realise it myself until my
mum came to visit and exclaimed when she saw him), Caliban is fast
growing into a hefty chunk of a catman. I suspect he will always be my
baby, though. He still cts very kittenish, and I think his brain hasn't
been keeping up with the speed his body is growing. In his mind he is
still a tiny kitten who an fit into small cavities and remain unnoticed
when hiding under the covers in the bed. He doesn't ealise what a huge
bedlump he makes these days. Then he comes popping out with that look
of, 'I bet you were wondering where I was!' when I had actually been
following the Wanderings of the Huge Bedlump for a good long while.

His coordination is a bit off, too, as his brain is trying to catch up
with how much bigger his paws are than they used to be. There's a lot of
missed jumps and baps that are much harder than intended. I just hope
his brain catches up before he injures himself or anyone else seriously
(not really worried, he's gentle enough most of the time).

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 6th 05, 05:04 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Marina" wrote in message

His coordination is a bit off, too, as his brain is trying to catch up
with how much bigger his paws are than they used to be. There's a lot of
missed jumps and baps that are much harder than intended. I just hope his
brain catches up before he injures himself or anyone else seriously (not
really worried, he's gentle enough most of the time).

LOL Don't worry, he'll catch up to himself. If my klutz, Pine Cone, can
learn how to jump onto a bed and hit what his paws aim at, I'm sure Caliban
can as well. He just may never be as graceful as the other kitties. I
loved the pictures of Mere and Cali in the laundry hamper, they are so cute.

Pam S. who is supposed to be doing a position paper on de-clawing ACK!!

Old November 6th 05, 08:23 PM
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
snip
In his mind he is still a tiny kitten who an fit into small cavities and
remain unnoticed when hiding under the covers in the bed. He doesn't
ealise what a huge bedlump he makes these days. Then he comes popping out
with that look of, 'I bet you were wondering where I was!' when I had
actually been following the Wanderings of the Huge Bedlump for a good long
while.

ROFL! This really brought such an amusing image to mind, thanks, Marina.
Reminds me of a Great Dane puppy I once knew that fitted on to the lap at 8
weeks and couldn't understand why the same thing wasn't possible at 8
months!

His coordination is a bit off, too, as his brain is trying to catch up
with how much bigger his paws are than they used to be. There's a lot of
missed jumps and baps that are much harder than intended. I just hope his
brain catches up before he injures himself or anyone else seriously (not
really worried, he's gentle enough most of the time).

I'm sure he'll be fine in a while. He's at that teenage stage which I call
"all legs and wings." when they are at their most gawky and awkward.

Tweed

Old November 6th 05, 09:01 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
snip
In his mind he is still a tiny kitten who an fit into small cavities
and remain unnoticed when hiding under the covers in the bed. He
doesn't ealise what a huge bedlump he makes these days. Then he
comes popping out with that look of, 'I bet you were wondering where
I was!' when I had actually been following the Wanderings of the
Huge Bedlump for a good long while.

ROFL! This really brought such an amusing image to mind, thanks,
Marina. Reminds me of a Great Dane puppy I once knew that fitted on
to the lap at 8 weeks and couldn't understand why the same thing
wasn't possible at 8 months!

snip

LOL, every Great Dane I've ever met, whatever their age, still wants to sit
on laps. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 6th 05, 09:17 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:01:06 -0000, "Adrian"
yodeled:

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
snip
In his mind he is still a tiny kitten who an fit into small cavities
and remain unnoticed when hiding under the covers in the bed. He
doesn't ealise what a huge bedlump he makes these days. Then he
comes popping out with that look of, 'I bet you were wondering where
I was!' when I had actually been following the Wanderings of the
Huge Bedlump for a good long while.

ROFL! This really brought such an amusing image to mind, thanks,
Marina. Reminds me of a Great Dane puppy I once knew that fitted on
to the lap at 8 weeks and couldn't understand why the same thing
wasn't possible at 8 months!

snip

LOL, every Great Dane I've ever met, whatever their age, still wants to sit
on laps. :-)

I love Great Danes-- yes, in my experience, they always want to get in
laps. But there is a sweetness about them that is very touching. My
friend has a beautiful Harlequin who never leaves her side-- at the
same time, he is phenomenally friendly and gentle. The problem with
this boy is that he always follows her into the kitchen, and she has
to watch when she's opening the freezer that she doesn't bang his head
with her elbow-- 'cause he's always right there.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War