I must be crazy...

Old December 13th 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I must be crazy...

Here I am, late in the evening (my watch tells me it is late at night, but I
prefer evening), planning my trip to Copenhagen tomorrow (or later this
morning). I will be gone for about 65 hours, and I have to leave Teti and
Tinùviel to themselves for all that time...

Of course I know they will do perfectly fine, they've got lots of food and
water, the flat is warm and has lots of places for them to play, but still:
I miss them even before I have left! What do you think?

It's kind of crazy how I plan things, always keeping the thought of the cats
first. Are they going to miss me, how much am I going to miss them, what if
there is a fire while I'm gone, what if.... And so on...

But don't worry, I am going to take the trip, no question about that. I'm
looking forward to it, too.

So I'm going to bed now, accompanied by my two loved ones. A good thing is
that I'm going with a female friend of mine, maybe she will volunteer as a
cat substitute for two nights... :-D

--
Hans Schrøder

Old December 13th 05, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Hans Schrxder" wrote in message
news
Here I am, late in the evening (my watch tells me it is late at night, but
I prefer evening), planning my trip to Copenhagen tomorrow (or later this
morning). I will be gone for about 65 hours, and I have to leave Teti and
Tinyviel to themselves for all that time...

Of course I know they will do perfectly fine, they've got lots of food and
water, the flat is warm and has lots of places for them to play, but
still: I miss them even before I have left! What do you think?

It's kind of crazy how I plan things, always keeping the thought of the
cats first. Are they going to miss me, how much am I going to miss them,
what if there is a fire while I'm gone, what if.... And so on...

But don't worry, I am going to take the trip, no question about that. I'm
looking forward to it, too.

So I'm going to bed now, accompanied by my two loved ones. A good thing is
that I'm going with a female friend of mine, maybe she will volunteer as a
cat substitute for two nights... :-D

We left Molly and Jake for three nights in September. Only thing that
surprised me was I left out what I thought was a huge amount of dry food,
and they finished it all. They normally free feed so I don't know what got
into them.

Jo

Old December 13th 05, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Hans Schroeder" wrote:

Of course I know they will do perfectly fine, they've got lots of
food and water, the flat is warm and has lots of places for them
to play, but still: I miss them even before I have left! What do
you think?

That's normal for me! I always feel that way when I'm going away. As the
time to leave gets closer, I start dreading it, even when it's a fun trip.
I call it my "cat separation anxiety". I simply hate to leave them!
It's not that I'm worried about them, I just know I'm going to miss them.

Do you have any friends or family members nearby, who you'd trust to
look in on them while you're gone? Someone who would call you if anything
was wrong? That's what I do, if I'm going away for more than one or two
nights. That way I don't worry about coming home to gutted house and
missing cats. Eek!

Enjoy your trip,

Joyce
Old December 13th 05, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

I find the same thing with pepper and Simba. I have to measure the
amount of food they would usually get and just leave that. Otherwise
they eat EVERY crumb of food in the dishes!

Jemifur

Old December 13th 05, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It's kind of crazy how I plan things, always keeping the thought of the cats
first. Are they going to miss me, how much am I going to miss them, what if
there is a fire while I'm gone, what if.... And so on...

I understand! I just can't get myself to leave the cats for more than a
night or two unless I know that someone will be there with them.

Nancy and I have taken a couple of overnight trips, but never longer than
that. When I finally have some vacation time accrued and we go back to
Wisconsin to see her family, the hardest part of the trip is going to
be dealing with being away from the cats. My brother and my mom will
come over every day to look in on them, but I'm still dreading the
experience.

Can your cat make you crazy? Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 12 November 10th 05 04:58 AM
crazy but it works, espcially good if you need money happyone Cat anecdotes 0 July 24th 05 04:15 PM
Crazy idea? 223rem Cat anecdotes 68 May 31st 05 12:46 PM
My cat running crazy after finishing from the litter box Angela Cantos via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 9 February 2nd 05 12:16 PM
He's driving me crazy!! AK Cats - misc 26 June 8th 04 02:05 AM