Billy's First Bath

Old November 5th 05, 04:07 PM
Pat

Default Billy's First Bath

He came in this morning all damp from the grass, crawled into my lap and
rolled over onto his back. That's when I saw and smelled the mess. No idea
what kind of poop it was - horse? dog? kitty? - but it was all over his
belly. So into the bathroom we went. I put about 3" of warm water in the
tub, picked Billy up, climbed in and sat down, then slowly lowered him into
he water, holding his two front paws in one hand, expecting a major struggle
which did not come.

He was *such* a good boy in the bath!!! Even when I let go of his paws a few
times he never scratched, just reached up and touched my face with his paw
without extending the claws. Now is that a good kitty or what!!

Oh, and I didn't know it when I closed the bathroom door but Tommy was fast
asleep in the laundry bin. He woke up when he heard the water and moved to
the toilet seat to watch the show. I'm sure his presence helped BIlly to
remain calm. I could imagine from the way he was looking at us in the tub,
he might have been thinking "Hey, can I have the next turn?"

Old November 5th 05, 04:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Awwww... such a *good* boy!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 5th 05, 05:23 PM
Irulan

aw, how sweet. Isn't it funny how something that our furbabies would
ordinarily hate they take to when they are in REAL trouble? I think the fact
that he showed his belly to you was a way of saying: please help me Mommy, I
think I really stink.
Give him extra skritches from us for being such a good boy.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 5th 05, 07:47 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:07:00 -0600, Pat wrote:

[...]

That is indeed remarkable. Best wishes to all. MLB

Old November 5th 05, 08:38 PM
Enfilade

Pat wrote:
He came in this morning all damp from the grass, crawled into my lap and
rolled over onto his back. That's when I saw and smelled the mess. No idea
what kind of poop it was - horse? dog? kitty? - but it was all over his
belly. So into the bathroom we went. "

"Mom, I don't wanna lick this clean. Can you?"

What a precious boy.

--Fil

Old November 5th 05, 09:41 PM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
[...]

Awwwww... he knew he'd rolled in some ucky stuff and decided it was okay for
Mommy to wash him! How sweet! I am very proud of Billy!

Jill

Old November 6th 05, 01:53 AM
badwilson

Aaaaw! What a *good* boy :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old November 6th 05, 08:41 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:07:00 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

[...]

Wow! Congratulations on successfully bathing a cat!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 6th 05, 08:42 PM
Kreisleriana

On 5 Nov 2005 12:38:31 -0800, "Enfilade"
yodeled:

Pat wrote:
He came in this morning all damp from the grass, crawled into my lap and
rolled over onto his back. That's when I saw and smelled the mess. No idea
what kind of poop it was - horse? dog? kitty? - but it was all over his
belly. So into the bathroom we went. "

"Mom, I don't wanna lick this clean. Can you?"

Ha. That has never stopped my boys. Ewwww.
Theresa

Make Levees, Not War