What does it mean?

Old November 16th 03, 07:32 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

That's funny that Tanada likes Italian and Tex Mex! When you got
Honor, did you introduce her little by little to the other cats, or
just let her mingle with everyone right away?

I know everyone says to introduce everyone gradually, but that never
seems to work here, for some reason. We've gotten so we just add the
newbie into the group and keep an eye on them all. We also treat the
regulars with treats and tell them what good hosts and big brofurs and
sisfurs they are to the newbie. In a funky way, it's worked out on all
but two occasions, and Tanada was to blame for one of them, and Rascal
for the other. She just didn't want to have anything to do with a large
cat colony.

We got Tanada in El Pasta Texas, so the Tex-Mex seems to have come
naturally. We're still kinda wondering about the tendency to eat
Italian though. She loves chicken or veal parmesan, spaghetti, lasagna,
manicotti, ravioli, or anything else we cook up. She loves pizza,
though she doesn't get it very often. Berfert is also from El Pasta,
but he doesn't have the same fondness for hoomin foods as tanada. He
adores Muenster and Provolone cheese, and won't touch cheddar or
american.

Pam S.
Old November 18th 03, 01:46 AM
Yowie

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
This is the best answer I've heard yet! Do cats eat cheese? I
could see giving one some yogurt, maybe, since I assume the bacteria
have broken down the lactose in that.

Depends on the cat. Cleo, Amelia, and Sammy couldn't be less interested
in cheese. Tabitha, though, loves the stuff. I don't give her much since
I don't know how it would affect her digestion. Just as I don't share
much ice cream with her, even though she LOVES ice cream!

Shmogg has a passion for plain vanilla icecream too. Although his favourite
human food of all timeis peeled popcorn chicken from KFC. He'll literally
take that out of your hand, or wage guerrlia style war to make sure he gets
a peice. He's also fond fond of potato crisps and extremely hot chilli beef
jerky, butmostly he just wants his slaves to offer food to him as a proper
form of respect. He doens't need to eat if of course, but if we don't at
least let him have a sniff and decide for himself, he gets right huffy!

Fluffy, onthe other hand, eats pretty much anything and everything. Well,
heck, if you eat catpoo, nothing else could possibly taste disgusting
either.

Yowie

Old November 18th 03, 04:20 AM
Susan M

"Takayuki" wrote in message
We'll have to ask Susan about Otis and Chester, because Otis would be
2 of 3 on these criteria. He's more easily bored, and is livelier
than Chester, but is slower to figure things out.

Fred says that Chester is smarter. I think that Otis is smarter than he
appears and that they might be pretty equal. Chester is just more
reflective - doesn't keep doing things out of habit like Otis does :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 18th 03, 04:45 AM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
news:bp4g5u$1kbdf3$1@ID- LOL! The aim here was to *encourage* Tak to get
another cat, Susan! ;o)

Whoops :-)

The Calgary Humane Society published an article a while ago about the shapes
of cats and their personalities. The lithe pointy headed oriental ones tend
to be crazier and the "cobby cats" like Chester tend to be fairly level
headed and easy to get along with. There was another category that I think
was fluffy or something - they were supposed to be kind of lazy. SO, it was
to be expected that we might have trouble with Otis with his Siamese-like
body. Chester checked out OK! Here's a link to a similar article:
http://www.byarden.com/pets/cg101.html

Maybe a way to cut down on the risk a bit?

Susan M
Otis and Chester