Rant!

Old June 29th 05, 02:30 AM
CatNipped

Default Rant!

The people who live across the street just bought their home 6 months ago
for $225,000 (we knew the people who lived there before them and knew what
they were asking for their newly remodeled home). They have a brand new SUV
in the driveway. They have a brand new motorcycle in the attached garage.
They also have a poor little scrawny female cat who has not been spayed or
vaccinated....

and they now have a litter of kittens to "get rid of". I couldn't believe
the sign they had in the street outside their house, "Real Kittens $1.00".

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Real_kittens/

BIG SIGH Ben and I just *CAN NOT* afford another kitten right now. We
had a severe financial set back 2 years ago and haven't recovered yet. We
are putting off having our own cats vetted because of Jessie's recent vet
bills. But I just know what kind of homes these kittens will go to - if
they even get to go to a home in the middle of kitten season and don't get
taken to the pound or dropped somewhere to fend for themselves!

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !

I *HATE* people sometimes!

/rant

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 29th 05, 02:36 AM
KellyH

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Are there any good rescue groups in the area? I would buy them all and get
them into a good rescue.

--
-Kelly

Old June 29th 05, 03:00 AM
CatNipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

There is, but they are full to capacity (and a bit beyond) and aren't
accepting any more kittens right now in the middle of kitten season - they
have about 25 kittens already as well as hundreds of adult cats that have
been languishing in cages for over a year already. I'm trying to talk DH
into squeezing one more into our clowder, but I really don't have any hope
of success because I know he's right about our finances. As much as I want
to save every kitten (and every adult) stray, my own four have to come
first.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 29th 05, 03:00 AM
Gracecat

"KellyH" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

She may not can.

The way our rescue group does, if the cats have a home then they won't be
accepted. Technically, these cats aren't strays. They're in a poor
situation, but they're not feral or abandoned.

Grace

Old June 29th 05, 03:14 AM
KellyH

"CatNipped" wrote
There is, but they are full to capacity (and a bit beyond) and aren't
accepting any more kittens right now in the middle of kitten season - they
have about 25 kittens already as well as hundreds of adult cats that have
been languishing in cages for over a year already. I'm trying to talk DH
into squeezing one more into our clowder, but I really don't have any hope
of success because I know he's right about our finances. As much as I
want
to save every kitten (and every adult) stray, my own four have to come
first.

Maybe you can foster them until they can be gotten into a rescue? Check
into spay/neuter resources too. They often can help with the kittens, and
if the momma isn't spayed, they are going to have another litter. I wish
the group my friend is with was in your area. They will come to the
person's house and pick up the cat so they have no excuses. Spay fee is
whatever you can afford.

--
-Kelly

Old June 29th 05, 03:20 AM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
and they now have a litter of kittens to "get rid of". I couldn't believe
the sign they had in the street outside their house, "Real Kittens $1.00".

Do you think you could talk to them regarding the dangers of selling
kittens so cheap? They should ask at least $25 or so to avoid idiots who
want to feed them to snakes, etc.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 29th 05, 03:24 AM
CatNipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
[...]

We have S.N.A.P. here in Houston and I've printed out information about
their program and given to the neighbors. It costs $30 for vaccs and
another $40 for the spay or $30 for neuter, but for 5 kittens that's out of
our ballpark right now. Even the cost of extra food and litter to foster
would be hard on us after the unexpected vet bill for Jessie. Believe, I'm
thinking and thinking, but convincing DH to spend any more right now when we
can't pay the car insurance is not going to happen.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 29th 05, 03:26 AM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
and they now have a litter of kittens to "get rid of". I couldn't

believe
the sign they had in the street outside their house, "Real Kittens

$1.00".

Do you think you could talk to them regarding the dangers of selling
kittens so cheap? They should ask at least $25 or so to avoid idiots who
want to feed them to snakes, etc.

I did. I also printed out a bunch of copies of the spay/neuter/vaccination
information from the Houston S.N.A.P. web site for them to give out with
each kitten "sold". Fed to snakes is one of the milder fates of free/cheap
kittens here in Houston - they're also used to "bait" pit bulls to teach
them blood lust, sold to animal testing labs, etc. I bent their ears for
almost an hours, but they eyes glazed over and I could see the print-outs
were headed for the nearest trash cans. These people just don't care!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 29th 05, 04:26 AM
spamtrap

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Some people! I can't believe what some people do. Perhaps "someone"
could sneak out and change the price to perhaps a $100.00 or so? If
anything perhaps it will keep the "riff raff" down.
Old June 29th 05, 04:44 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:30:39 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

Idiots, idiots, idiots.

Lori

Theresa