Vet Tech Journals 16

Old October 23rd 04, 04:00 AM
Mischief

Default Vet Tech Journals 16

(Cue Mission Impossible Theme)

Ok, technicians, you have a cat that needs a lion-cut body shave and a
bath. But this cat has a VERY short temper. It is so bad that the
cat will be sedated with a cocktail of Valium and Ketamine.

Your mission, shave the cat and give it a bath BEFORE he wakes up.

This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Oh and by the way, the cat's name......... is Rabbit.

(pause for explosion sounds along with snickers and giggles)

hehehehehehehehe,

Theresa and I are holding the cat while the anesthesia cocktail is
being injected. I start humming a lullaby while the cat's snarls and
growls fade away. Quickly Theresa and I stretch the cat out and turn
on our clippers. Two people shaving a cat will go MUCH faster. So we
start shaving this cat, trying to get it nice and smooth. We get one
side and most of the belly and then flip the cat over. By now Rabbit
is starting to attempt to growl. He's trying, but he can't really
growl.

Quickly we shave the other side and start to smooth things out. It's
been about ten minutes and Rabbit's growls are getting louder. Five
minutes later we finish his lion cut but now have to have a hand on
the scruff. Rabbit's screams are getting even louder and he's
starting to twitch.

Quickly, I scruff him and Theresa starts hosing him down. As soon as
he's wet enough I pour on the shampoo, and she pours on the
conditioner. We're working it in and Rabbit is really getting ANGRY.

Just when I thought he couldn't get any louder, his volume increased
by a few decibels. We knew we had to hurry so we flip him over and
wash his other side. Theresa holds him up so I can hose off the soap
and finish rinsing him off. Then we start towel drying him. Man, if
he still wasn't slightly doped up, he would be totally clawing us.
He's screeching by this point and trying to work his limbs.

Theresa quickly wraps him in the towel and puts him in the cage and we
turn on the cage dryer. WHEW!!! Mission accomplished.

Course once he woke up we had to listen to him complaining all
afternoon. Ah well...........

Also this afternoon, I'm reading fecals under the microscope when I
hear a cat yowling. Was it Rabbit? No, it was coming from close by.
Oh, it's Kelsey. Kelsey is a DMH that's grey and white and very
sweet. Normally though she's pretty quiet.

"What's wrong?" I ask. She's still meowing and looking at me with
those big eyes. Oh, the litter tray needs to be changed. Hmmmm,
she's still meowing. I give her some scritches. Uh, that doesn't
seem to be working either. Then it hits me, DUH!! Her food dish is
empty.

Sorry Kelsey, you don't get fed for another three hours. She wasn't
too happy about that.

Oh, remember the cat that got the diaper ointment from VT journals 15?
The cat was NOT shaved, but just sent home. We figured that after
beeing washed so many times all the harmful chemicals were out. The
owner didn't want to shave him, so I guess they are waiting it out.

So remember in your purrs, that there's a cat somewhere with greasy
fur who is probably licking furiously to try to get it out of his fur.

Another mouse has been killed, but it wasn't by Pete, and it wasn't in
one of the traps.

I found it in the run where we were boarding a dog named Maisy. Gee,
I guess she doesn't like mice either. hehehehe

Kristi