hair comes out in chunks when pulled

Old March 29th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Default New Cat (was: hair comes out in chunks when pulled)

Hi Melissa, thanks for asking about Zoey. She is doing very well. She
finally seems to be warming up to me. Not totally trusting me, but it is
getting better. Of course, if I have food, I am her best friend! :-) She
will still run from me if I approach her but I'm beginning to think that's
just the way she is going to be. She's now coming up the basement steps and
sitting at the door. My husband thinks she is getting bored with being in
the basement, but I think she is fine. We are still keeping her isolated
from the other 2 cats. After talking with a few people, including my vet's
office, they all recommended that I keep her isolated for at least 8 weeks
and then have her retested for FeLV/FIV (it's been 6 weeks now since we
caught her). My vet recommends 12 weeks but I don't think I'm going to be
able to hold out for that long. I don't think there's going to be a problem
but I'm erring on the side of caution. And I'm going out of town for a few
days next week so when I get back, the introductions will begin. My other 2
cats have been sniffing her through the door, etc. I've tried the sock
trick trying to get my resident cats use to the new cat's smells and vice
versa. I have real concerns about my one cat and how he is going to handle
all of this. He smells the sock and starts hissing and growling and then
will go after the other cat. I know, redirected aggression. Guess we'll
have to take these introductions nice and slow.

Thanks for asking. I'll keep you posted.

S.
---

"mc" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 8:12 am, "blkcatgal" wrote:
That's a good suggestion. When I was looking for a particular brand of
cat
food which my local pet store did not carry, I asked the owner if he
could
order it for me. He agreed and he didn't charge me for shipping at all.
Of
course, I had to buy at least a case of the canned food (which wasn't a
big
deal).

All you have to do is ask.

Hey Blkcatgal,

How is your newest member of the family doing? Is she adjusting pretty
well? Have you accomplished the full intros with your other cats yet?

Is she getting friendlier?

Thanks!
Melissa ;-)

Old March 29th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Here's a couple of photos of Zoey.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x.../IMG_0193a.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...l/IMG_0218.jpg

S.
---

Old March 29th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
Here's a couple of photos of Zoey.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x.../IMG_0193a.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...l/IMG_0218.jpg

S.

She is absolutely gorgeous! Good luck introducing them--I have mostly had
good experiences but was too impatient with one of my rescues. Now there is
an uneasy truce--every once in awhile fur will fly. Cats can be so silly
sometimes!

Bonnie

Old March 29th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

On Mar 29, 1:28 pm, "22brix" wrote:
"blkcatgal" wrote in message

Here's a couple of photos of Zoey.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x.../IMG_0193a.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...l/IMG_0218.jpg

S.

She is gorgeous!!! What a sweetie! Thanks for sharing those beautiful
pictures! Adorable!

I am with that, mostly good experiences with intros... I have a
feeling waiting the couple of extra weeks will help with that as
well ;-)

Lots of luck ;-)