Surprise!

Old June 30th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default Surprise!

Yesterday I was pretty busy and my little Scouty-girl didn't get to
spend her usual 'laptime' with mama... I was running out to the store
and doing laundry and cooking and so on. Then we were both watching tv
in the bedroom after dinner, and Scouty will NOT jump onto the bed if
John is there just in case the Daddy-Monster tries to squish her or
something... But she must have really missed me. She came into the
bedroom door and trilled at me 'mama, aren't you going to come sit on
your chair so I can climb onto your lap?' and when I didn't follow she
jumped onto the bed and pawed at my leg with big eyes, and then jumped
back down again. Then she went away... and five minutes later she came
back again. And this time she jumped up and sat next to my leg on the
outside of the bed for a few minutes, rumbling. And then John moved
slightly, so she went away, but she came back AGAIN. The third time
she came back she lay down and made herself comfy... John kept his
back to her and ignored her, and she snuggled with me for about 15
minutes. It was so sweet...
Old June 30th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww! They certainly do let us know when they crave attention Persia
still taps me on my nose to wake me up. And gives me small bites (on my
shoulder, my elbow, my knee, my chin!) when I'm not paying sufficient
attention to her. And of course she always gets the attention. They don't
understand sometimes our lives distract us... how can that be possible when
they are so incredibly cute?

Jill

Old June 30th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Another boring story. ;o) Sorry, couldn't resist that, glad Scouty got her
snuggle time. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 30th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:59:33 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

Another boring story. ;o) Sorry, couldn't resist that, glad Scouty got her
snuggle time. :-)

:P I was very pleased to see her being so brave...
Old June 30th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Molly sends meeps for her being so brave.

Jo

Old June 30th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Scouty is so sweet. Now if we can only convince her that John is not the
monster on top of the bed.

Pam S. smiling

Old June 30th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

On Jun 30, 8:57*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

Awwww! *They certainly do let us know when they crave attention *Persia
still taps me on my nose to wake me up. *And gives me small bites (on my
shoulder, my elbow, my knee, my chin!) when I'm not paying sufficient
attention to her. *And of course she always gets the attention. *They don't
understand sometimes our lives distract us... how can that be possible when
they are so incredibly cute?

Jill-

the Princess Rita does the same thing. If I'm not paying proper
homage to her
furry self, she'll either paw me a bit (with just a *touch* of claw,
and I have the
scars to prove it), or a little nip.

I think she even understands me. As a single person living alone, I
tend to mumble
to myself quite a lot (I'm becoming a crazy old lady, I think). I was
home from
work and hot and sticky and miserable, and hopped into the shower, and
as
I was getting dressed, I mumbled 'I just want to get cool and into my
jammies
and sit down and pet my kitty for awhile'

MEOW!!

what? The minute she heard the word 'kitty', she jumped up and meowed
at me,
then ran ahead of me to the couch, where I had to sit and pet her for
awhile.
After all, it's my job, right?

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old June 30th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:37:12 -0400, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

"Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The funniest thing is that she's decided that the Daddy Monster is
quite safe if he's in the craft room sitting in front of the computer
- there's a spare chair in there and she'll jump right up onto it and
roll over and show him her tummy and demand to be petted! She's even
occasionally been known to jump right up onto the desk and to walk
backwards and forwards in front of him if she thinks she's not getting
enough attention and I'm not home to give it to her... but as soon as
Daddy goes into the bedroom, she's out of there!
Old June 30th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

"Kajikit" wrote
| Yesterday I was pretty busy and my little Scouty-girl didn't get to
| spend her usual 'laptime' with mama... I was running out to the store
| and doing laundry and cooking and so on. Then we were both watching tv
| in the bedroom after dinner, and Scouty will NOT jump onto the bed if
| John is there just in case the Daddy-Monster tries to squish her or
| something... But she must have really missed me. She came into the
| bedroom door and trilled at me 'mama, aren't you going to come sit on
| your chair so I can climb onto your lap?' and when I didn't follow she
| jumped onto the bed and pawed at my leg with big eyes, and then jumped
| back down again. Then she went away... and five minutes later she came
| back again. And this time she jumped up and sat next to my leg on the
| outside of the bed for a few minutes, rumbling. And then John moved
| slightly, so she went away, but she came back AGAIN. The third time
| she came back she lay down and made herself comfy... John kept his
| back to her and ignored her, and she snuggled with me for about 15
| minutes. It was so sweet...

Nice story.

Now, I hope you don't mind if I change the topic, because I have two
questions about DE:

1.) How do I scatter it evenly into the carpet?
2.) Must it be reapplied after vacuuming?

Thanks in advance!

A Big Surprise Pat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 October 8th 08 06:55 PM
What a surprise Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 May 1st 08 09:12 AM
a surprise for some of you Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 20 January 3rd 07 04:37 PM
a surprise for some of you barb Cat health & behaviour 2 January 1st 07 02:41 AM
surprise David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 22 May 13th 04 05:58 PM