Catproof Christmas Lights?

Old November 21st 12, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhino[_3_]

Default Catproof Christmas Lights?

Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the LED lights.
I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards of
glass but she is worried that this might happen.

Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

--
Rhino

Old November 21st 12, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Rhino" wrote in message
Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the LED lights.
I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards
of glass but she is worried that this might happen.

Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

--
Rhino

there are sprays to use get them at the local pet store

Old November 22nd 12, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Rhino wrote:
Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are
cat proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her
condo but her cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is
using the LED lights. I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one
of those and ingest shards of glass but she is worried that this
might happen.
Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking
about something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd
like to find something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

Led's are good. They run on about 3 volts so cats and kids can't be
electrocuted by them. Also, they don't shatter and spill glass everywhere
like an incandescent bulb does. If an led is ingested, it will probably pass
through the digestive tract without leaving anything behind and wonl't be
toxic at all.

Old December 21st 12, 10:29 AM
Markcoleman Markcoleman is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino[_3_] View Post
Is anyone familiar with some kind of indoor Christmas lights that are cat
proof? My friend would like to put lights on the tree in her condo but her
cat persists in trying to eat them. I believe she is using the
led lighting lights.
I'm not sure if a cat could actually break one of those and ingest shards of
glass but she is worried that this might happen.

Does anyone market something that is truly catproof? I'm not talking about
something that the manufacturer alone claims is catproof; I'd like to find
something that purchasers find to actually BE catproof.

If such a product exists, can I get a link to a website or store that
carries it? A business that operates in Canada would be particularly
helpful.

--
Rhino
Just make use of led lights they are safe to use and looks nice too

Last edited by Markcoleman : December 22nd 12 at 08:44 AM.