Cats eradicated as pets in New Zealand

Old January 25th 13, 07:17 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zacharias Mulletstein

Default Cats eradicated as pets in New Zealand

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

J wrote:
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who can't
find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without these
hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None of my
cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run through a 10
pound
bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have five cats and they don't
pay
any attention to the birds at all. So to eliminate cats based on their
threat to other animals is a tough case to make. Now, this doesn't apply
feral cats. these should be "eliminated" by catching, neutering and
releasing. There are lots of organizations that do this, so you might
consider giving them a little money from time to time.....

~~~~~~~~~~
That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I don't
like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they stalk my
birds. Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather was a farmer,
and he kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were good "mousers." He
always pointed out that cats hunt prey from instinct and almost for play,
not simply because they are hungry.

My parents' kitty cats aren't allowed outside at all. Two of them are 11.
I rescued a little stray kitten a couple of months ago. We had her spayed
last week. She loves me and she knows I saved her.

Old January 25th 13, 07:17 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zacharias Mulletstein

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"J" wrote in message
news
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't
find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
these
hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.

How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.

He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
harm me.

Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

Of course!

Old January 25th 13, 07:18 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zacharias Mulletstein

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"J" wrote in message
news
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.

How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.

He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who
tries to harm me.

Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

He did, but he lost the index finger on his right hand.....

Pantera would never bite me. He loves me so much that he's about to pop.

Old January 25th 13, 08:27 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jeanne Douglas

In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" wrote:

"J" wrote in message
news
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't
find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine without
these
hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Don't **** with our kitty cats. Or I'll sic Pantera on you.

How's Pantera doing? Give him a nice ear scratch for me, please.

He's getting huge. He's sweet to me, but vicious to anybody who tries to
harm me.

Did you give him his ear scratch from me?

Of course!

Thank you.

--
JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Old January 25th 13, 08:36 PM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

J wrote:
Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Domestic cats don't bother the wildlife, if they are well fed. None
of my cats bother with the birds I feed on my back porch. I run
through a 10 pound bag of bird seed every couple of weeks. I have
five cats and they don't pay any attention to the birds at all. So to
eliminate cats based on their threat to other animals is a tough case
to make. Now, this doesn't apply to feral cats. these should be
"eliminated" by catching, neutering and releasing. There are lots of
organizations that do this, so you might consider giving them a
little money from time to time.....
~~~~~~~~~~
That's not necessarily true. I love cats, and I love birds. What I
don't like is the fact that my neighbor's cats run free, and they
stalk my birds. Fortunately, they seldom catch them. My grandfather
was a farmer, and he kept barn cats which were *well fed* but were
good "mousers." He always pointed out that cats hunt prey from
instinct and almost for play, not simply because they are hungry.

MaryL

Yes. My B-K used to catch and bring in the house, birds and other small
mammals like mice and chipmonks, but only to play with them, He never killed
them. After a while, they would escape beneath some furniture and eventually
Winter of 2010-2011. We fed him squirrel food and water. as soon as it
warmed up, he "escaped" through one of the sliding glass doors back into the
yard. He didn't have to worry about our other 4 cats. They were like turtles
compared to that chipmonk. - I never saw anything that was as fast as he
was. Even when I was watching him run across the kitchen floor, I couldn't
see him. I don't know how B-K caught him to begin with. He must have been
sleeping.....

I feed birds in my backyard during the winter. Seriously I go through
40 lbs of birdseed a week. And I have a heated birdbath so they have
fresh water - well, they're so stupid that the **** in it but I clean
it every few days.

I let my cats go out sometimes when I'm home. The yard is fenced so
the cats can't get out. The birds run away when the cats (or ME!) go
out, but after a bit they come back. Very rarely does one of my cats
actually get a bird, but they are interested in doing so in spite of
the fact that they are very well fed. They are hard-wired for
attacking smaller creatures. They are natural born killers.

Still, if we're going to stop the species that is wiping out other
species, we'd better practice more birth control. Blaming cats when we
wipe out more bird habitat, and birds, than cats could ever cause is
pretty blind.
Old January 26th 13, 02:50 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

"dgk" wrote in message ...

Still, if we're going to stop the species that is wiping out other
species, we'd better practice more birth control. Blaming cats when we
wipe out more bird habitat, and birds, than cats could ever cause is
pretty blind.

~~~~~~~~~
Excellent point!

MaryL

Old January 26th 13, 03:00 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
J[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
wrote:

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The TROLLs |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.

J Young

Old January 26th 13, 03:17 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
wrote:

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The TROLLs |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.

Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.

Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.

Old January 26th 13, 03:35 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
J[_3_]

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:17:48 -0800, Mack A. Damia
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:00:26 -0800, J wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:14:14 -0800, Mack A. Damia
wrote:

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The TROLLs |
'--------------oo0---'
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

You've been around awhile but not as long as me. You still need to
learn the difference between a troll and someone who you disagree
with. Keep coming back, youngster, you'll eventually learn.

Sonny-boi, I've been on this earth for 66 years. If you look like a
troll, write like a troll and smell like a troll, you are a troll.

Go bother some other group where you fit in such as alt.****wits.

Earth 66 years, usenet 12. You still have a bit to learn ( if someone
addresses you as "youngster" at 66, consider it a compliment )

J Young

Old January 26th 13, 03:42 AM posted to alt.atheism,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Father Haskell

On Jan 24, 8:10*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
MarkA wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:22:32 -0800, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

In article ,
*J wrote:

Cats are basically the domain of homosexuals and crazy women who
can't find a man. The rest of the world will survive just fine
without these hideous creatures. Good riddance!

Oh, boy, you just took your life in your hands, bashing cats like
that.

I DARE you to go out on the street and tell people this story and
give your charming reaction to it. It'll be a miracle if you escape
intact, even up there in Canada, the Land of Nice.

I always liked Dr. Richard Wiseman's quote: "Dogs are pets. *Cats are
little killers who share your home."

I mostly like cats when they belong to someone else.

Dogs are killers too, when they get together with other dogs and form packs.
Both dogs and cats are carnivores. That means they have been killing for
their food for millions of years before we came along to feed them.

The saying about dogs eating anything is true.

http://tinyurl.com/akkxpjd