Tribute To Hobbes, House Of Stillwell & Tenbusch

Old October 19th 05, 11:54 PM
ChildFree23

Default Tribute To Hobbes, House Of Stillwell & Tenbusch

Hobbes was mine winkwink of seven-and-a-half years. She was helped to
the Bridge last spring. She is survived by her human slaves, John &
Arlene, younger feline brothers Buster and TC, and by Roxy D*g. I'd
like to make this tribute to her by reposting our winkwink ceremony from
Halloween 1997, when RPCC was just getting started. You may recognize
names from the old RPC, some of whom greeted Hobbes when she ascended
the Rainbow Bridge. Fangu.

Capt. Midnight, DOC
The Good Luck Black Cat
Commanding Kitty, Catmerica Police Department
Chief Grocery Inspector, Cole Slaw Keeper, & Laundry Fixer Upper
Old October 19th 05, 11:56 PM
ChildFree23

Default Middie's & Hobbes Winkwink Ceremony, Halloween 1997, Part 1

Written By Arlene Stillwell

It is a beautiful Halloween night in the Adirondacks. Hobbes and
Captain Midnight have chosen to celebrate their bewinking on top of
Cat Mountain. Cat Mountain is in the southwestern part of the
Adirondack Park, not too far from where Hobbes lives in Waddington
NY. The mountain has a large open area at the top where Buster has
set up the portable teleporter. The view is spectacular, as there
are few houses or other sources of light nearby. All you can see
from the peak are lakes, trees, and at night -- a sky full of stars.
There is no moon tonight, and the stars are plentiful. Hobbes'
friends and family have brought lanterns and candles to help light
the area and to give it a romantic atmosphere.

Kitties start to arrive, most via teleporter and helecopter, while
many of the younger kitties are climbing to the top. A buffet is
laid out on tables near the edge of the clearing with a large variety
of foods and beverages and the kitties help themselves. A feline
orchestra warms up and the choir soon joins them in preparation for
the festivities.

Soon, Hobbes arrives, resplendent in her finery. She is wearing a
beautiful diamond collar that was a gift to Mrs Wiggles from her
winkwink, Merlin the Philosocat RB. The collar sparkles in the
candlelight. Hobbes is also wearing a veil made from material that
her mother wore at her wedding.

As the guests continue to arrive and visit with each other, Hobbes
and her attendents busy themselves taking care of the last minute
details while they await the arrival of the celebrants and Captain
Midnight.
Old October 19th 05, 11:58 PM
ChildFree23

Default Middie's & Hobbes' Winkwink Ceremony, Halloween 1997, Part 2

Captain Midnight arrives, looking dashing as only a Tuxedo cat can.
Members of the Black Cats Club and Tuxedo Nation are serving as ushers
and groomsmen. All of the guests have arrived and are now seated,
waiting for the ceremony to begin. The celebrants are in place, as is
Captain Midnight.

There is a sudden hush as Hobbes appears at the edge of the clearing
and begins to walk toward the center where her betrothed and the
celebrants are waiting. The kittens are squirming to get a better look
as the older cats smile knowingly at each other. In no time at all, she
reaches the center of the clearing and the ceremony begins.

Hobbes and Middie have each written their own vows, which they whisper
to each other. The ceremony is over too quickly, it seems and the
winkwink ceremony ends with the ceremonial bite and swat as the guests
yowl in happiness for them.

Hobbes and Middie now turn to address their guests:

"Fangu to all of you for sharing this special moment wif us! The
buffet is now open and the mewsic and dancing will start after we eat.
Let's PARTEEEEEEE!!!!"
Old October 20th 05, 12:07 AM
Beverly Orel

Wat uh nize tribyoot to Hobbes, uh lufflee an wise gurlcat.

Samantha & cuzzins Finney, Lucey & Jeannie
ink.net...

Old October 20th 05, 01:31 AM
The Clowder

ChildFree23 wrote:

Hobbes was mine winkwink of seven-and-a-half years. She was helped to
the Bridge last spring. She is survived by her human slaves, John &
Arlene, younger feline brothers Buster and TC, and by Roxy D*g. I'd
like to make this tribute to her by reposting our winkwink ceremony from
Halloween 1997, when RPCC was just getting started. You may recognize
names from the old RPC, some of whom greeted Hobbes when she ascended
the Rainbow Bridge. Fangu.

Capt. Midnight, DOC
The Good Luck Black Cat
Commanding Kitty, Catmerica Police Department
Chief Grocery Inspector, Cole Slaw Keeper, & Laundry Fixer Upper

sniffle

Shee wuz a fine ladycat, allways so payshint an reddy to help. I
reememfur wenn shee an Dr. Stinky ran da kitty clinic heer onda
groop...no kitty wuz skairt to go to da gud Dr. or Nurse Hobbes wiffa
problem.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 20th 05, 02:27 AM
meee

*sad yowls from jasmine* it is so sad dat all our beloveds cannot be here
wif us....

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old October 20th 05, 03:35 AM
Rebecca

Whut a wunnerful way to pay tribyoot to Hobbes. Da wedwink sowns like it
wuz bootiful.

Rebecca

Old October 20th 05, 04:16 AM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

Dat wuz furry tuchink. Luffly...

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
10/19/2005 11:16:02 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old October 20th 05, 09:44 PM
Paula

That wuz a luflee triboot. Hobbes wuz a furry special cat. He wuz one of
da furst kitties to meow back when Ghengis got up da currage tu try
meowchat.
Sticky