Goin' to Work

Old December 30th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Goin' to Work

That pesky job.......... :~)

For my lunch/dinner for work, I made a cornmeal crusted tilapia sandwich on
an everything bagel. The cats were screaming for scraps, but I didn't have
any to give!!!!!!!!! The cats were literally climbing my legs. Funny thing
is, if I were to give them scraps, they wouldn't have eaten them. Picky
felines! :~D

kili

Old December 30th 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote

That pesky job.......... :~)

For my lunch/dinner for work, I made a cornmeal crusted tilapia sandwich
on
an everything bagel. The cats were screaming for scraps, but I didn't
have
any to give!!!!!!!!! The cats were literally climbing my legs. Funny
thing
is, if I were to give them scraps, they wouldn't have eaten them. Picky
felines! :~D

All of mine go nuts over tilapia or any kind of fish or meat, anytime. In
fact Abelard will eat fish or shrimp until he's so stuffed he has to puke,
if I let him (which I did a couple of times before I realized he couldn't
handle it)!

Old December 31st 05, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote

That pesky job.......... :~)

For my lunch/dinner for work, I made a cornmeal crusted tilapia sandwich
on
an everything bagel. The cats were screaming for scraps, but I didn't
have
any to give!!!!!!!!! The cats were literally climbing my legs. Funny
thing
is, if I were to give them scraps, they wouldn't have eaten them. Picky
felines! :~D

All of mine go nuts over tilapia or any kind of fish or meat, anytime. In
fact Abelard will eat fish or shrimp until he's so stuffed he has to puke,
if I let him (which I did a couple of times before I realized he couldn't
handle it)!

How come your kids eat people food? Am I the only "owned" person who's kids
cry for people food, but when they get it, they don't want it?

kili

Old December 31st 05, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

Nope, mine do that all the time. They demand I give them a piece of
whatever I'm eating and then proceed to sniff at it and then walk away!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 31st 05, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

No, Otis has learned that vegetarian food just isn't worth eating to
him but makes a good football. I have to pull the sofa out all the
time to get the bits out from underneath before they go mouldy, he does
eat a few human bits and bobs, egg, cheese, but is only allowed a tiny
bit cos of his medical problems. Whem my sister stayed she had a meat
takeaway and he must have been going crazy from the smell, he just sat
and stared at her for the duration of the meal, but didn't beg, for his
good behaviour he was allowed to lick the container clean!

Old January 1st 06, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:55:12 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

How come your kids eat people food? Am I the only "owned" person who's kids
cry for people food, but when they get it, they don't want it?

nope, all mine are like that to some extent or another. Sammy seems to
consider the only hoomin food worthy of eating is what she steals off
my plate. If I give her some on a plate of her own it's beneath her
and seems to be an insult. LB wants nothing to do with most hoomin
food, but will ocassionally eat some roast and gravy if I put some on
a plate for Sammy. I'm not sure what Spot will end up doing - she's
still getting comfortable enough to beg. I have found that if I give
her a piece of ham from my chef salad she just licks off the french
dressing and leaves the meat - crazy cat ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 1st 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

How come your kids eat people food? Am I the only "owned" person who's kids
cry for people food, but when they get it, they don't want it?

All my cats to date have liked sweet corn (yes, Caliban has joined the
crew of sweet-corn lovers - he tasted some of Miranda's and now he can't
get enough). Frank and Nikki used to like chewing on uncooked spaghetti.
The number one treat is turkey cold cuts, closely followed by shrimpies.
Since I don't eat meat myself, I buy those just for the kitties, so it's
not 'people food' around here. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 1st 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:

How come your kids eat people food? Am I the only "owned" person who's

kids
cry for people food, but when they get it, they don't want it?

All my cats to date have liked sweet corn (yes, Caliban has joined the
crew of sweet-corn lovers - he tasted some of Miranda's and now he can't
get enough). Frank and Nikki used to like chewing on uncooked spaghetti.
The number one treat is turkey cold cuts, closely followed by shrimpies.
Since I don't eat meat myself, I buy those just for the kitties, so it's
not 'people food' around here. ;o)

Oh, sweet corn! Mine *do* love that. If I shuck an ear of corn, they're
all over the husks! They drag the husks out of the trash and chew on them.

kili

Old January 1st 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Get a kick out of my girlfriend's voratious little Scottish Fold.
Rosie is tiny, but a bottomless pit, and willing to defend her right to
a bit of chicken with a display of fierce kitty-growls. Cindy found
her up on the kitchen counter one morning...she had chewed her way into
a loaf of bread and was doggidly working her way through it!LOL

PatM

Old January 3rd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

All of mine go nuts over tilapia or any kind of fish or meat, anytime. In
fact Abelard will eat fish or shrimp until he's so stuffed he has to puke,
if I let him (which I did a couple of times before I realized he couldn't
handle it)!

How come your kids eat people food? Am I the only "owned" person who's kids
cry for people food, but when they get it, they don't want it?

No, you're not. Fin used to beg and cry and want to see what was on my
plate, but after sniffing, he'd change his mind. Rita does the same thing.
Not even a lick. She wants nothing to do with people food.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita