Lucy, Munchausen?

Old February 3rd 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

Default Lucy, Munchausen?

G'Afternoon

No word yet. I did go by first thing this morning
only to get bit by a busy tech

I told her, I'd come back.
And, decided to wait till they call me
otherwise, I'd end up flaming the tech for being rude

Sometimes, early on, I thought Lucy was faking stuff, just to get
special treatment.

I've heard of cats hiding pain, but faking pain?

I thought she may have done this, in order to be "left alone".

probably not

-
Lucy is at the hospitol still.
The tech describes her condition as noodle legs

I too suspect it has to do with some type of nerve disease

Looking back, Lucy stopped sharpening her claws about 3 years ago.
Maybe this was the first visible symptom, of what has seemd to
snowball her now.

-
cats faking pain to get preferential or good drugs
can they do it?

would they?

Old February 10th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

"bartlet" wrote in message
-

cats faking pain to get preferential or good drugs
can they do it?

No.

would they?

No.
I'm surprised you ask.

Only humans have Munchausens or Munchausens by proxy.

Old February 20th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 10, 4:50*pm, "Christina Websell"

Only humans have Munchausens or Munchausens by proxy.

well well well

seems I am right after all

you tell me what this is called

Lucy, the injured girl, is on a waist high table
where I can, care for her easier

Last night I was giving Lucy some attention, making a small fuss over
her

i left the room, came back, Jupiter was back to back against Lucy
and Jupiter looked at me, like.. OK MAN. IM ON THIS TABLE NOW
make a fuss over me

so... Jupiter copied Lucy's subsequent position
in order to get medication from me

meds? love I mean

it's a med if you ask me

Certainly an animal will fake sick to get attention
or gain something

Lucy bartlet Cat health & behaviour 0 February 2nd 09 09:51 PM
Po Lucy bartlet Cat health & behaviour 1 February 2nd 09 03:03 PM
Hi Lucy John Ross Mc Master Cat community 1 December 18th 08 03:00 AM
Lucy Sylvia T. Cat health & behaviour 1 November 24th 08 07:09 PM
Lucy Stormmee Cat community 38 February 29th 08 03:47 AM