Tigger's sad start

Old May 23rd 14, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tigger's sad start

Tigger is my brother's cat, he & Boyfie go to the vet's together every year
to get their jabs. He's a big, elegant tabby cat, quite aloof and with a
huge opinion of himself!

I knew he was adopted from the RSPCA as a small kitten but I didn't know
until Claire told me the other day that he and two siblings were found in a
cardboard box left at the side of a busy road. Sickening.
Anyway, he has a nice home now. I hope his littermates were as fortunate.
He doesn't think much of me, all attempts at being friendly are treated with
contempt.

Tigger has a amusing habit. He uses a cat door into the kitchen quite
freely to go in and out unless he is outside and someone is actually in the
kitchen when he wants to come in. Then he knocks on the cat door with his
paw to have the *whole* door opened :-)

Tweed

Old May 23rd 14, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Tigger is my brother's cat, he & Boyfie go to the vet's together every year
to get their jabs. He's a big, elegant tabby cat, quite aloof and with a
huge opinion of himself!

I knew he was adopted from the RSPCA as a small kitten but I didn't know
until Claire told me the other day that he and two siblings were found in a
cardboard box left at the side of a busy road. Sickening.
Anyway, he has a nice home now. I hope his littermates were as fortunate.
He doesn't think much of me, all attempts at being friendly are treated with
contempt.

Tigger has a amusing habit. He uses a cat door into the kitchen quite
freely to go in and out unless he is outside and someone is actually in the
kitchen when he wants to come in. Then he knocks on the cat door with his
paw to have the *whole* door opened :-)

Tweed

Awww, that's cute. He wants to be treated as a guest!

Jill

Old May 23rd 14, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Tigger is my brother's cat, he & Boyfie go to the vet's together every year
to get their jabs. He's a big, elegant tabby cat, quite aloof and with a
huge opinion of himself!

I knew he was adopted from the RSPCA as a small kitten but I didn't know
until Claire told me the other day that he and two siblings were found in a
cardboard box left at the side of a busy road. Sickening.
Anyway, he has a nice home now. I hope his littermates were as fortunate.
He doesn't think much of me, all attempts at being friendly are treated with
contempt.

Tigger has a amusing habit. He uses a cat door into the kitchen quite
freely to go in and out unless he is outside and someone is actually in the
kitchen when he wants to come in. Then he knocks on the cat door with his
paw to have the *whole* door opened :-)

Tweed

Lindy and Skeeter (both RB) had a cat door, but if I was in the kitchen
and they wanted out, they would go stand by the back door until I opened
it. If I happened to be within sight of the front door when Lindy
wanted out, she would wait there.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old May 23rd 14, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

.. Then he knocks on the cat door with his
paw to have the *whole* door opened :-)

Tweed

Awww, that's cute. He wants to be treated as a guest!

Jill

More likely he can't be bothered if he sees a slave inside!
I'd quite like to get to know him but he merely sneers at me - I quite like
that he knows how. I wish Boyfie was as brave to sneer at visitors - he
just heads for the hills if the doorbell goes. Unless it is Simon and now
Claire.
He's got very used to Claire - she had to come 3 times a day to look after
me, and she likes cats - she's Tigger's Mom. Although he never lets her see
him on my lap - he jumps down when he hears her coming.
It's a secret thing. No-one has has ever seen him on my lap, but he's on
there all the time when we are alone.
Some of my friends have never seen him at all and think he's a figment of my
imagination because they've never seen him like they'd expect a cat in the
house to approach them. No way would he do that.

It took me months to get him into the house as a lost boy and years before I
could shut the back door so he couldn't escape.
It all works in the end.
He doesn't want to escape now. I think he has a good life for a cat. He
gets fed very well and is allowed out to do some hunting. And he got a
magpie.
And he loves me more that I expected a cat can do.

Old May 24th 14, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

You are an exceptional cat mom, so patient and understanding.
Glad that it gets rewarded.

Sylvia

Old May 25th 14, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
You are an exceptional cat mom, so patient and understanding.
Glad that it gets rewarded.

Sylvia

I try my best although I only had dogs until KFC adopted me. It was a huge
learning experience.
I've been an animal lover all my life. When I was 4 I rescued a mouse when
my grandfather's cat was after it. It bit me but that never put me off.
I didn't actually want to keep Boyfie at the time as I had one cat and was
all prepared to send him to the shelter but got so fond of him because it
took so long to get him inside that I simply couldn't do it.
He was very shy and difficult for years, but hey, he isn't now. I had to
leave the back door open 24/7 so he could escape if it was all too much for
him - and it often was.
He is still shy of visitors and heads for the hills if the doorbell rings.

Old May 25th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I wonder what would have happened if you didn't.

Boyfie is not allowed out of the front door because it fronts on to a road
but I saw him in the street yesterday. I called him to come in but he
ignored me and disappeared into a neighbour's garden via where he can come
in to the back door and be a good boy.
"What me? Out on the street? It must have been another cat that looked like
me" Unfortunately he's forgotten that he has a shaved side ;-)
He was at the back door asking to come in within two minutes.
I hesitate to say that he seems to know what I prefer he should not do, but
he seems to. Including going on the worktop to check for food, he does it
when I'm out of the kitchen and jumps down if he hears me coming. I've never
told him off for this so how does he know not to let me see him do it?

Old May 25th 14, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

He'd wait a while, the go through the cat door.

Joy

[...]

Boyfriend & Tigger are going to TED together. Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 21 May 27th 11 12:54 AM
Tigger AlisonT Cat anecdotes 4 January 31st 09 05:58 AM
Purrs for Tigger, please? Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 89 November 2nd 07 03:07 PM
Tigger earns himself a name Ted Davis Cat anecdotes 9 May 25th 06 09:27 PM