Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 16th 10, 09:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

I keep checking and praying for you and her, Lee
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

"Granby" wrote in message
I check several times a day just wait to hear good news. My 9 year old
granddaughter suggests putting a kids swimmingpool filled with catnip our
where your cat is.

Please tell your granddaughter it is a fantastic idea and thank her for me
I left one of Smudgie's catnip mice on the front doorstep just in
case, it seems very popular with Doug the cat who lives over the road. We
often find him playing with it on our doorstep when we get back from the
woods. I'm just glad he is enjoying it at least!

I had no luck last night and still no call from the RSPCA, I did, however,
just have a call from a lady who lives right by the woods. She thinks she
saw Smudgie doing "the zoomies" around the cut grass in front of the
woods. Sure sounds like her, trouble is I am at work til midday At
least I know that people are taking note of the posters and keeping an eye
out for her. Roxy didn't find Smudgie last night, in fact she hasn't been
seen since Tuesday but no news is good news right?

Will be off for another ramble in the woods this afternoon and have a
friend helping us look tonight so perhaps an extra pair of eyes will help?

Will update.

Sharon

Old July 16th 10, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I keep checking and praying for you and her, Lee

Thank you Lee, and everyone

I just had a call from Eileen, the trapping lady, she said all her traps are
in use. I told her I have borrowed a trap from the shelter so she said she
can use that and is coming tonight Oh I am so relieved. Will still walk
the woods this afternoon though. If nothing else I'm losing weight and
getting fit!

Will update further
Sharon

Old July 16th 10, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 16 July, 11:01, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:

I just had a call from Eileen, the trapping lady, she said all her traps are
in use. I told her I have borrowed a trap from the shelter so she said she
can use that and is coming tonight *

I am putting the Fabulous Furballs on extra purring duties for you and
Smudgie!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 16th 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Lesley"
On 16 July, 11:01, "Sharon & Smudgie"

I just had a call from Eileen, the trapping lady, she said all her traps
are
in use. I told her I have borrowed a trap from the shelter so she said she
can use that and is coming tonight

I am putting the Fabulous Furballs on extra purring duties for you and
Smudgie!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Same here Sharon..
SMUDGIE, come home and get some noms and scritches and quit worring your
poor hoomins...says my Mosey Cat

Old July 17th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:01:10 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I keep checking and praying for you and her, Lee

Thank you Lee, and everyone

I just had a call from Eileen, the trapping lady, she said all her traps are
in use. I told her I have borrowed a trap from the shelter so she said she
can use that and is coming tonight Oh I am so relieved. Will still walk
the woods this afternoon though. If nothing else I'm losing weight and
getting fit!

Will update further
Sharon

I have been without my computer for two days now (failed power
supply...argh!), and even more than worrying about an E-mail from a
possible employer (I've been out of work for a long time) I wanted to
know if Smudgie had been found.

Alas! She has not.

BUT, it IS very good news that someone with a great deal of experience
trapping lost cats is going to help you.

I'm sure she knows many 'trick' that you and everyone else here does
not, so I am very hopeful that poor lost Smudgie will soon be back home.

Sending purrs for you and Eileen to be successful. Soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100714-1, 07/14/2010
Tested on: 7/16/2010 7:16:21 PM

Old July 17th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

I have been without my computer for two days now (failed power
supply...argh!), and even more than worrying about an E-mail from a
possible employer (I've been out of work for a long time) I wanted to
know if Smudgie had been found.

Alas! She has not.

BUT, it IS very good news that someone with a great deal of experience
trapping lost cats is going to help you.

I'm sure she knows many 'trick' that you and everyone else here does
not, so I am very hopeful that poor lost Smudgie will soon be back home.

Sending purrs for you and Eileen to be successful. Soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've not updated sooner.

2 very nice ladies turned up around 9 last night and we took them down to
the woods. We had a walk about and they decided the best place for the trap
was where we usually set it up as that's where I always leave the food. I
stayed with them whilst Mike came home, they parked their car right next to
the woods on the grassy area and we waited. No sign It was raining
quite heavily on and off though and Smudgie hates the rain so perhaps she
had found somewhere dry to shelter? We did hear a cat mieow and something
ran past the side of the car into the bushes but that was all. We waited
until 12.30 and decided to call it a night. They are, however, coming back
again tonight and kept reassuring me that they will continue to come back
until she is caught. I just wish I had even a quick glimpse of her though
just to put my mind at rest that it is her and she is still ok. She hasn't
been spotted by Kylie and Roxy since Tuesday. I keep thinking "hold on
Smudgie, it wont be long until I find you"! Perhaps tonight will be more
fruitful.

I helped run the shelter today so I am a bit tired, I am going to try to
have a nap now so I can manage to stay awake during our vigil tonight.

Fingers crossed for no rain tonight and my baby coming home.

Sharon

Old July 17th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

We had a power outage which knocked my computer out for a couple of
days. I finally got it fixed and immediately checked to see if Smudgie
had been found. I was hoping and purring for positive news. I had a
funny dream a couple of days ago where Smudgie told me she wanted to be
called "Melissa". What would prompt a dream like that? Continues purrs
and prayers that this will have a good result Best wishes. MLB
Old July 17th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I hope that tonight is the night that you get Smudgie...... Where can
that cat be??? I'm not a cat person, but this cat has gotten me all
worried.... Smudgie, get your butt home.....

Old July 17th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

[...]

My two homebodies are continuing their purry vigil to get Smudgie back
to her home.

Joyce

--
I promise I will meditate more closely upon the causal relationship
between going dumpster diving on Sunday afternoon and projectile
Old July 17th 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MLB wrote:

I had a
funny dream a couple of days ago where Smudgie told me she wanted to be
called "Melissa". What would prompt a dream like that? Continues purrs
and prayers that this will have a good result Best wishes. MLB

LOL, that's really funny!

Joyce