"Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Old October 21st 03, 09:53 PM
GAUBSTER2

When I used to feed SD my cat Audrey was *always* leaking anal gland
liquid hell, on top of other problems. Now, she only does once in a blue
moon *thank god*!!

This is a new one! Science Diet causes excessive "anal gland leakage"! LOL
More Hill's bashing!
Old October 21st 03, 09:54 PM
GAUBSTER2

However, one of my cats anal glands became very badly
impacted and infected from eating Science Diet so we had to take her to the
vet
for treatment.

WOW! 2 "new ones" in one day! Now Science Diet CAUSES?? impacted and infected
anal glands? You guys are hilarious! LOL

Old October 21st 03, 11:09 PM
Cheryl

In m,
-L. composed with style:

Whatever. Keep promoting your Hill's SD crap. Carry on.
Nobody is listening to you anymore.

-L.

For real! I'm afraid if he keeps up his pace he's going to have an
aneurism. I really don't want to contribute to that. Besides, he's a
broken record and it doesn't change my mind any.

Old October 22nd 03, 12:05 AM
Karen M.

GAUBSTER2 wrote:

However, one of my cats anal glands became very badly
impacted and infected from eating Science Diet so we had to take her to the
vet
for treatment.

WOW! 2 "new ones" in one day! Now Science Diet CAUSES?? impacted and infected
anal glands? You guys are hilarious! LOL

Look G2, I'm going to try and say this nicely. We all see things happen
to/with our pets that through our own observations, cause and effect,
process of elimination, etc.. that lead us to the conclusion that
situation A was caused by factor B. Will this necessarily happen with
someone else's pet? Not necessarily. Does that mean that it didn't occur
with our own? No, certainly not. My cat's AG's were prone to "oozing"
during the time she was on SD. And actually, when I moved into my
ex-boyfriend's apt. and his cat started eating SD, *his* anal glands
started "oozing" a little bit, which they hadn't before. Can I say with
100% absolute certainty that the SD did it? No, but I'd say it was 98%
the cause with Audrey and about 75% with Harry. Just because it hasn't
happened to you, don't discount other people's experiences. You or
someone else may have a cat with a similar problem, and will be able to
clue into the cause through an anecdoate such as this.

Old October 22nd 03, 03:13 AM
-L.

(GAUBSTER2) wrote in message ...
We fed SD maintenence at the vet because the vet got such great
kick-backs from them.

Please be EXACTLY SPECIFIC....what "kickbacks"? Nobody can ever answer this
question,

Well, I have answered it for you at least once:

begin quote_____________________

"From:
(-L.)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Long-time chronic diarrhea problem...
Date: 30 Sep 2003 20:36:33 -0700

(GAUBSTER2) wrote in message ...
It seems to me, from reading posts the past couple of years, that cats that
are
given Science Diet/Hill's prescription foods for one problem often develop
anorther problem. Also, what happens when the vet misdiagnoses a condition
and
recommends one of these "prescription" foods. What does it in turn do to the
cat's health? Nothing good, I'm sure.

Lauren

Lauren, a friend of mine is a vet and he has tremendous success w/ the Hill's
diets.

Yeah, and if he's like the vets I worked for, he receives gas grills,
leather jackets, and a myriad of other "stuff" commensurate with the
amount of Hill's food he pushes. It's a scam, pure and simple.

-L."

Some of the other "goodies" include travel mugs, sports bags,
clothing, pens, post-its and other cheap promo stuff, cat supplies,
free food, etc. In fact, Hill's even gives free and/or low-cost food
to veterinary students. No wonder so many vets promote their
products.

-L.

Date: 30 Sep 2003 20:36:33 -0700