Suz's funeral

Old September 26th 12, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Suz's funeral

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:57:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
I wish Suz had left some written instructions! But this came on fairly
suddenly, and apparently one of the first things that Suz lost when she
got
hospitalized was the ability to speak in a voice that could be heard.
I'm
sure she was trying to say something about Spicey. She loved her cat.

I thought you said Joanne had agreed to take Spicey? Has she changed her
mind? It's not easy to take on on a fiesty scratchy cat, I know, but
surely
Joanne spent so much time with Suz that Spicey knew her best of all and
would have the best chance of settling with her.
I hope Spicey finds someone who is prepared to take her on - where is she
at
the moment?

It's a long story. It turned out that her friend Christine didn't know
Joanne's contact information, or even her last name. So I started calling
and visiting the local senior services center and such, checking if anyone
had Suz in their client database, or an employee named Joanne.

One person at least knew what town she was from, so I dug up an old phone
book. I went through it and suggested a couple of potential matches. I
called the one that was the most probable, but the number of out of
service, and I went to the address, but a different family was living
there. I finally found that Joanne had moved a few towns away.

When I talked to her and told her that Sue had died (she was shocked, of
course), and that Suz wanted her to have Spicey, Joanne said that first,
Spicey hated her, and second, she'd moved in with her asthmatic FIL. So
we're back to the drawing board.

Suz's apartment's lease runs until the end of the month, and Spicey is
still there. Three of her former aides have been going over to take care
of
her. Yesterday, Spicey hissed at Suz's mom.

So the upshot is that Spicey in alone in the house now. If you all cannot
agree about who is brave enough to take her on, I suggest you send her to
RB.
If I didn't have Boyfie and was in America, I would take her on. I was used
to KFC and her bad moods. Spicey cannot be that bad that no-one is prepared
to give her a chance.
The poor girl has lost her meowmie.
I am very lucky that if I pass away, Boyfie has a home to go to. which I am
happy about. It is so nice that I almost want to die so he can go there.

Old September 26th 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 01:44:21 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
So the upshot is that Spicey in alone in the house now. If you all cannot
agree about who is brave enough to take her on, I suggest you send her to
RB.
If I didn't have Boyfie and was in America, I would take her on. I was used
to KFC and her bad moods. Spicey cannot be that bad that no-one is prepared
to give her a chance.
The poor girl has lost her meowmie.
I am very lucky that if I pass away, Boyfie has a home to go to. which I am
happy about. It is so nice that I almost want to die so he can go there.

There's no need to do anything hasty. For the next week, she'll be in the
home she knows, being fed and checked on by the same people who have done
so before. Right now, we'll all still being guided by what we imagined Suz
was trying to tell us as she lost the power of speech.
Old September 26th 12, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:33:02 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:50:08 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

The financial part is pretty easy. And I'm sure there are some
sanctuaries that would work, but after that one in Florida it would be
a last resort. I need to find someone in my dwindiling group of
friends/family/acquaintances who would be willing to handle them.

The key is that there is an executor separate from the caretaker. That
way you can be sure that the cats are treated ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would only use a friend or family. That's what I did for Holly and
Duffy--had a long discussion, received permission and listed the caretaker
in my will. I would never make arrangements to place them in a sanctuary
unless I had completely run out of friends who would agree to take care of
them. ( Fortunately, I am not facing that situation. You do need a
friend/family member that you consider to be absolutely reliable and who
will agree to conditions that are important to you (in my case - indoors
only, no declawing, veterinary care, etc.).

MaryL

MaryL

Yes, but not so easy to find one. Scooter isn't a big problem. I have
a neighbor who already has five cats in a small apartment, and she
loves Scooter. Nipsy and Marlo are the problem since neither is very
good with strangers and run away at the slightest sign of anything
new.