Changed behavior since Espy died

Old September 27th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Changed behavior since Espy died

Not Scooter, he's just his usual carefree self. Espy hated him so
Scooter's life has improved somewhat. Nipsy, the big wuss, is still a
big wuss but whines a little more and seems to want more petting. And
he's more aggressive in trying to get me up in the morning to feed.
Espy used to just stick a claw in my arm so Nipsy has to work harder.

Marlo has the biggest attitude change. She rarely came to interact
with her human and mostly looked out the windows. Now she is often
coming over to be petted or to sit in my lap and hangs out on the bed;
before she mostly stayed in the computer room.

None of them are trying out for the vacant Alpha position. There is a
bit of attitude being displayed sometimes but I think less than was
the case before. The whole thing is sort of odd. Everyone is getting
used to Espy being gone.

With prior cat deaths there was usually only one other cat; with three
others there is more going on.

How did other households change when a leader cat died?

a candle for, Espy Adrian[_4_] Cat anecdotes 0 September 13th 12 10:54 PM
Espy smells dgk Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 11 02:03 PM
Espy not eating dgk[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 31 August 5th 09 01:05 PM
Espy looking better! dgk Cat health & behaviour 4 January 2nd 06 07:31 PM
Espy is ailing dgk Cat health & behaviour 3 December 29th 05 04:19 PM