I have a kinda new cat!

Old September 30th 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default I have a kinda new cat!

Today I went to Suz's apartment for the last time. It was almost cleared
out, and Spicey was still in the midst of it all, having been watching
warily all this time as people took away bits of her home, piece by piece.
She looked at me suspiciously and hissed a little, but
uncharacteristically, did not attack - she had so little left to defend.

Christine was preparing Spicey's things for transport, and Lisa also came
by to say goodbye to Spicey. Christine had come prepared with gloves to
catch her, but Lisa surprised us all and managed to just scoop her up, give
her a big hug, and plop her into the carrier without a struggle.

We said some emotional goodbyes and promised each other we'd stay in touch.

Spicey cried softly and pawed at the door of her carrier all the way home.

It seems I've also brought some spice into my life. I'd like to reintroduce
Spice Ann Kirt, aka Spicey, a good girl who had so recently lost her home
and family.
Old September 30th 12, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

When I got Amber (as a very young kitten) I didn't bother to do a slow
introduction to Ike. Ike was about 12 and had been with me about three
years. Amber just cuddled up to Ike to which he didn't object. When
Ike disappeared a couple of years later, I got Tiger from a shelter. I
just let Tiger into the house. Amber reacted badly. She just sat in a
corner and refused to eat. After three days I took Tiger back to the
shelter for a few days. As soon as I got home, Amber started eating.
When I picked Tiger back up I kept him in a spare room. I introduced
him a little bit at a time and this worked out OK. They are not best of
friends but get along with no problems.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old September 30th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

That's really touching, and it's really great of you to provide Spicey with
a new home. Good luck!!

Jay

Old October 1st 12, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Takayuki wrote:
Yes, I'd be happy too with that kind of "no problems" sort of

relationship.
It would be exciting though if she became friends with Dot and

Buster.

I look forward to stories of the three of them ganging up on you.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request