Someday Spicey

Old September 30th 12, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

Default Someday Spicey

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:43:30 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 19:38:59 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:
I hope it all works out and bless you for taking in Spicey. That is
above and beyond honoring your friend. (hugs)

This is definitely not something I would, or could have done, if it was
a cat I read about in a newspaper article, or had heard about
secondhand. If there's someone who can do that, he or she would be a
saint or a hoarder, or preferably some benign combination of both.

Whatever the reason, you have my best wishes for a successful outcome.MLB
Old September 30th 12, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 01:39:30 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 04:30:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
If they don't get along, it won't be fair to anyone. But the moment I adopt
Spicey, even if they don't know it, she'll be as much a part of the family,
and have the same standing as Dot and Buster.

I wish you were *my* friend. It's a wonderful thing you are trying to do.

We are friends, but I know what you mean. You don't seem to realize though
that if we were local, we wouldn't even have this problem. I'd be like,
"There you go Christina - here's that unhomeable cat you've been looking
for!"

My calico that I got from a local shelter was the most unfriendly cat
there. When I picked her up she tryed to bite, scratch and whatever
else she could do to me but I had to have her. It was just something
about her. 9 years and a lot of attention later she is the most
friendly one of the 7. She is the only one that will stay out and
greet visitors. I took a lot of work, patience and attention and at
times I felt like giving up but it was all worth it!!

Old September 30th 12, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:47:32 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
As I see it, there are two possible things that could make this turn out
better than it looks right now. One is that, if she is lonely, maybe she'll
decide that other cats aren't so bad after all, and want to make friends
with them. Another is that sometimes, with a change of "ownership", and
animal's personality can change. My grandmother had a little dog that was
afraid of everybody. Although we visited often, every time we went to see
my grandmother, the dog would cower behind Grandma's legs, trembling and
growling, the whole time we were there. After Grandma died, my sister and
her husband took the dog. They lived in a rural area. Their back yard was
separated from a cow pasture by only a fence. After they'd had the dog for
a few months, my sister looked out the window to see that little dog chasing
a cow. She didn't seem to be afraid of anybody or anything any more.

Of course there's no guarantee of a change, but it is possible.

I hope that things work out that well. I do think that Spicey is very
lonely for her lost meowmie.
Old September 30th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I'm sure she is. Good for you for taking her. Purrs for the best
possible outcome.

Joy

Old October 1st 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 04:30:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
If they don't get along, it won't be fair to anyone. But the moment I
adopt
Spicey, even if they don't know it, she'll be as much a part of the
family,
and have the same standing as Dot and Buster.

I wish you were *my* friend. It's a wonderful thing you are trying to
do.

We are friends, but I know what you mean. You don't seem to realize though
that if we were local, we wouldn't even have this problem. I'd be like,
"There you go Christina - here's that unhomeable cat you've been looking
for!"

Yes, if I am ever cat-free (please, that I never lose my wonderful Boyfie) I
would certainly take on the worst cat in the world. Because they don't
have a chance, do they?
I would keep he/she in for ages until they got used to my house, and if they
were aggressive I wouldn't really mind.
After a while they'd be let out and if they chose to come back (which they
will) we'd have to set some rules. Not spraying is no. 1. Boyfie has never
sprayed inside the house even though he was intact when he first came.
I've never seen him seen him spray, even outside.

I would love to be in a position to get a horribly stinky tom cat, get him
him neutered and adopt him. I don't think Boyfie would like it though.
I've never forgotten the poor lad who got killed in front of my house
looking for girls. It's almost unheard of but he obviously misjudged the
speed of the rare car we get. Now that is his owner's fault. Had they spent
some money on his neutering he would have been on his duvet. If they
couldn't afford it,there is help available. I don't know whether they found
his body which was placed on my grass verge, or whether my neighbour buried
him - we left him there 48 hours just in case he was searched for and they
needed closure, but he disappeared. I'd like to think his people found him,
but because he still had his testicles and he could have wandered miles,
it's likely he is buried in my neighbour's garden and his owners will never
know what happened to him.
And that's what can happen if your boys don't get the snip.

Spicey Needs Purrs Suz Cat anecdotes 21 June 4th 11 05:37 AM
Your Someday List tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 6 March 1st 08 06:57 AM
Someday.... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 8 December 17th 07 09:19 PM
Spicey stuff SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 5 October 18th 03 07:17 PM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM