Keep This Under Your Hat

Old September 26th 12, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Keep This Under Your Hat

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:31:39 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

However, in this case the poster is right about the Bible. I believe it is
Luke who tells about the three wise men visiting Herod to ask the location
of the new king who has just been born. He tells them to come back and tell
him where he found the baby. When they don't, he orders all the baby boys
in the area killed, in the hopes of getting rid of what he perceives as his
competition for the throne.

Joy

Oh thanks, that fits then. Did they actually go kill the kids?
Old September 26th 12, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:43:13 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"dgk"

please feel free to IGNORE trolls and not repost their stupidity

Sure, but the bit about killing the kids was sort of interesting since
I didn't know about it.

Old September 26th 12, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2012-09-26 10:20 AM, dgk wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:31:39 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

However, in this case the poster is right about the Bible. I believe it is
Luke who tells about the three wise men visiting Herod to ask the location
of the new king who has just been born. He tells them to come back and tell
him where he found the baby. When they don't, he orders all the baby boys
in the area killed, in the hopes of getting rid of what he perceives as his
competition for the throne.

Joy

Oh thanks, that fits then. Did they actually go kill the kids?

According to the story, yes.

--
Cheryl
Old September 26th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:31:39 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

However, in this case the poster is right about the Bible. I believe it is
Luke who tells about the three wise men visiting Herod to ask the location
of the new king who has just been born. He tells them to come back and tell
him where he found the baby. When they don't, he orders all the baby boys
in the area killed, in the hopes of getting rid of what he perceives as his
competition for the throne.

Joy

Oh thanks, that fits then. Did they actually go kill the kids?

Who can actually KNOW? Considering how much mis-information has crept
into MODERN history books, believing in the literal truth of documents
that were not even written down until a couple hundred years after the
alleged events defies common sense. (And I am among those who believe
that God gave us brains so we would USE them!)
Old September 27th 12, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"dgk" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:31:39 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

However, in this case the poster is right about the Bible. I believe it is
Luke who tells about the three wise men visiting Herod to ask the location
of the new king who has just been born. He tells them to come back and tell
him where he found the baby. When they don't, he orders all the baby boys
in the area killed, in the hopes of getting rid of what he perceives as his
competition for the throne.

Joy

Oh thanks, that fits then. Did they actually go kill the kids?
*************

IF you believe everything in the Bible then yeah, they did. Me? I wasn't
there so who knows?

Jill

Old September 27th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Judith Latham wrote:

I also hope God's got a sense of humour, if not I'm in trouble.

Judith

If human beings are not proof enough of that, consider the camel, the
aardvark, the duck-billed platypus!
Old September 27th 12, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:31:39 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

However, in this case the poster is right about the Bible. I believe
it is Luke who tells about the three wise men visiting Herod to ask
the location of the new king who has just been born. He tells them
to come back and tell him where he found the baby. When they don't,
he orders all the baby boys in the area killed, in the hopes of
getting rid of what he perceives as his competition for the throne.

Joy

Oh thanks, that fits then. Did they actually go kill the kids?

Who can actually KNOW? Considering how much mis-information has crept
into MODERN history books, believing in the literal truth of documents
that were not even written down until a couple hundred years after the
alleged events defies common sense. (And I am among those who believe
that God gave us brains so we would USE them!)

I agree with that. There's no way that a story passed down through many
generations by word of mouth is going to be exactly as it was when it
began.

I also hope God's got a sense of humour, if not I'm in trouble.

Judith

IMNSHO, if God didn't have a sense of humor, She would have wiped out the
human race centuries ago.

Joy

Old September 28th 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I have to disagree on the gender used there. If God was a women we would
have another set of arms.

Judith

LOL! Good point.

Joy