Someday Spicey

Old September 29th 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Someday Spicey

So I am going to pick Spicey up tomorrow noonish.

My current two now seem to me to be such good friends, and so happy and
relaxed. Buster is murping and squeaking and purring at me while sitting on
the desk, nuzzling my fingers on the keyboard with a moist snout. Dot is
curled up on the floor looking up at me and Buster and saying "Eck".

I'm imagining how Spicey will fit into all of this, someday. I don't know.
Maybe she'll be the tiny madam on my lap. Maybe not having seen a boycat
before, she'll fall in love with Buster. Maybe she and Dot will be girls
together. Someday.
Old September 29th 12, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
So I am going to pick Spicey up tomorrow noonish.

My current two now seem to me to be such good friends, and so happy and
relaxed. Buster is murping and squeaking and purring at me while sitting
on
the desk, nuzzling my fingers on the keyboard with a moist snout. Dot is
curled up on the floor looking up at me and Buster and saying "Eck".

I'm imagining how Spicey will fit into all of this, someday. I don't know.
Maybe she'll be the tiny madam on my lap. Maybe not having seen a boycat
before, she'll fall in love with Buster. Maybe she and Dot will be girls
together. Someday.

Purrs for her to fit in soon.

Joy

Old September 29th 12, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:35:38 PM UTC+1, Takayuki wrote:
So I am going to pick Spicey up tomorrow noonish.

/am so glad you're taking her in- I know it's not ideal by a very long shot but hoping it works out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 29th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

What will you do if Spicey doesn't get along with Buster and/or Dot?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old September 29th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
So I am going to pick Spicey up tomorrow noonish.

My current two now seem to me to be such good friends, and so happy and
relaxed. Buster is murping and squeaking and purring at me while sitting
on
the desk, nuzzling my fingers on the keyboard with a moist snout. Dot is
curled up on the floor looking up at me and Buster and saying "Eck".

I'm imagining how Spicey will fit into all of this, someday. I don't know.
Maybe she'll be the tiny madam on my lap. Maybe not having seen a boycat
before, she'll fall in love with Buster. Maybe she and Dot will be girls
together. Someday.

I think you are the most wonderful person in the world for trying this. May
Bast help you with Spicey.
Tweed

Old September 29th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Takayuki wrote:
I don't have any contingency plans. If
they don't get along, then they will
simply be arch enemies for all eternity!

Is this fair to Buster and Dot?

Old September 30th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 9/29/2012 10:35 AM, Takayuki wrote:

So I am going to pick Spicey up tomorrow noonish.

My current two now seem to me to be such good friends, and so happy and
relaxed. Buster is murping and squeaking and purring at me while sitting on
the desk, nuzzling my fingers on the keyboard with a moist snout. Dot is
curled up on the floor looking up at me and Buster and saying "Eck".

I'm imagining how Spicey will fit into all of this, someday. I don't know.
Maybe she'll be the tiny madam on my lap. Maybe not having seen a boycat
before, she'll fall in love with Buster. Maybe she and Dot will be girls
together. Someday.

I hope it all works out and bless you for taking in Spicey. That is
above and beyond honoring your friend. (hugs)
Old September 30th 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Takayuki wrote:
I don't have any contingency plans. If
they don't get along, then they will
simply be arch enemies for all eternity!

Is this fair to Buster and Dot?

------
Look at Tak's situation. He was friends with Suz and no-one is prepared to
take Spicy. The only alternative is RB so let's all hope it works out.
If she'd been homed elsewhere, a nasty tempered cat who might have bitten
or scratched has no chance. I would guess that because of Suz's
disabilities Spicey was not used to being petted or handled.
I hope this works out. It will not be easy.

Old September 30th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Takayuki wrote:
I don't have any contingency plans. If
they don't get along, then they will
simply be arch enemies for all eternity!

Is this fair to Buster and Dot?

------
Look at Tak's situation. He was friends with Suz and no-one is prepared to
take Spicy. The only alternative is RB so let's all hope it works out.
If she'd been homed elsewhere, a nasty tempered cat who might have bitten
or scratched has no chance. I would guess that because of Suz's
disabilities Spicey was not used to being petted or handled.
I hope this works out. It will not be easy.

And he has two floors, so it might be easier for him to keep them
separated.

Years ago, I lived with a roommate and we had 7 cats between us. One
was supposed to be a temporary situation - my roommate was taking care
of a friend's cat, but it went on for about a year. This cat didn't
get along with other cats - she barely got along with humans. She spent
almost all her time in my roommate's closet. Occasionally, I'd be in
her bedroom and the cat would peek out and then hiss at me.

Anyway, we lived in an apartment - one floor. And we managed. So I
think Tak will be able to manage, too. If I were him I'd go really,
really slowly with the introductions. There's no rush, if he can
keep them separated, and it's not too inconveniencing to him.

Good luck and happy cat purrs! Stock up on Feliway! (Everyone else:
buy stock in Feliway. )

--
Joyce

I've never really addressed those rumors, 'cause I always figured
why defend yourself against something that's not offensive?

-- Johnny Galecki, regarding rumors about him being gay (he's not)

Spicey Needs Purrs Suz Cat anecdotes 21 June 4th 11 05:37 AM
Your Someday List tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 6 March 1st 08 06:57 AM
Someday.... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 8 December 17th 07 09:19 PM
Spicey stuff SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 5 October 18th 03 07:17 PM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM