cat scratching furniture

Old July 14th 03, 04:13 PM
Bill

"P.D." wrote in message
. net...
We are going to be moving into our new house next months, and as you can
imagine we will have all new furniture there. I have 3 cats and they
destroyed the furniture we had in our old place (scratched the crap out of
the couch, etc). Besides using "Soft Paws" is there any other products

that
will help in keeping the cats away from the sofa's? I have tried training
them, but they are stubborn.

Thanks

--
Steve

In addition to what others have suggested, you might try just throwing an
old sheet over the furniture the cats tend to scratch.

When cats try to scratch on a sheet, their claws just get tangled in the
fabric and they soon stop trying.

The sheets also keep the fur cats shed from getting on the furniture.

Bill

Old July 16th 03, 11:53 PM
CityKitty

"Sticky Paws" I swear by it!!! It's not a chemical, and it won't hurt your
furniture either. Or you can just use double sided tape or aluminum foil.
-Mrs R

Chair Scratching Wilba Cat anecdotes 40 October 10th 04 03:05 AM
Scratching Posts Larry Osborne Cat anecdotes 15 June 24th 04 04:38 AM
Scratching Post Séan Connolly Cat health & behaviour 4 July 4th 03 11:06 AM