Annifursary

Old May 1st 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Annifursary

Well, it was a year ago today that I went newt-spotting. Our fishpond
seemed to be brimming with the things, and I spent more time than was
strictly necessary just gazing into its depths, watching the little things
swim around happily. Sadly, I've not seen any this year.

However, I digress .... on 1 May, I was standingby the pond, watching, when
I realised that I was in fact being watched. A grubby, white-and-black cat
was observing me.

That white-and-black cat turned out to be Fenchurch, although we didn't know
it at the time. We went from "watching" to "accepting pettins" to "coming
into the house". She's not awfully keen on The Out, instead being quite
happy to snooze in her boudoir.

Her temper has improved a bit, although she's still a tad snappy, and both
Rich and I have scars and scratches! But she's very sweet when she wants to
be, and is managing to rub along with the others. She seems to avoid Jasper
and Carrie if she can (although she's not averse to growling if they get too
close), but Bertie is her friend. They play together quite a bit, although
sometimes play isn't terribly welcome at silly o'clock when it's on the
hoomins' bed, with hoomins in it.

I think she's done OK for herself!

Cathi

Old May 1st 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:
[...]

Happy anifurrsary. g
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 1st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

well, what a wonderful anniversary to look forward to. We hope Fenchurch
(where did that name come from, anyway) gives you years and years of joy.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 1st 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
well, what a wonderful anniversary to look forward to. We hope Fenchurch
(where did that name come from, anyway) gives you years and years of joy.
Lily & her mama

--

We started thinking about a name for her not long after she appeared - it
was pretty obvious she wasn't being cared for elsewhere. We thought maybe

A friend of Richard's suggested Fenchurch, and in the absence of anything
else, it stuck. Fenchurch is, in fact, another HitchHiker character. She
appears quite early on in the first book; she is in fact the girl in the
cafe in Rickmansworth, who realises what mankind's problem is and how to
solve it just before the Earth is blown up. I don't think she actually gets
named until about the fourth book in the series. Steve's suggestion was
that Fenchurch was an independent, feisty sort of character, and he felt it
suited our Fenchurch well.

Cathi

Old May 1st 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:

Her temper has improved a bit, although she's still a tad snappy, and both
Rich and I have scars and scratches! But she's very sweet when she wants to
be, and is managing to rub along with the others. She seems to avoid Jasper
and Carrie if she can (although she's not averse to growling if they get too
close), but Bertie is her friend. They play together quite a bit, although
sometimes play isn't terribly welcome at silly o'clock when it's on the
hoomins' bed, with hoomins in it.

Happy anniversary! It's great to see how well she has adapted to life
as a house cat.

"Silly o'clock" - I like that!

Joyce
Old May 1st 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

from now until the end of time
"Cathi" wrote in message

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Ah, what a nice name for a nice lady, then. She does sound feisty. Good on
ya.
Lily & her mama

Old May 1st 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:

Well, it was a year ago today that I went newt-spotting. Our fishpond
seemed to be brimming with the things, and I spent more time than was
strictly necessary just gazing into its depths, watching the little things
swim around happily. Sadly, I've not seen any this year.

However, I digress .... on 1 May, I was standingby the pond, watching, when
I realised that I was in fact being watched. A grubby, white-and-black cat
was observing me.

snip
I think she's done OK for herself!

Cathi

Happy annifursary!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old May 1st 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

"Silly o'clock" - I like that!

Joyce////

Yeah, Lily likes to play "hunt the furr mowsie" at silly o'clock in the
morning on the hoomins bed....

Helen M

Old May 2nd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cathi wrote:
[...]

Concatulations, Fenchurch! So glad you found a fur-ever home.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe