Bruiser's Dad, Maine Coon?

Old October 18th 03, 08:40 AM
John Biltz

Default Bruiser's Dad, Maine Coon?

I have seen Bruiser's mom and he looks nothing like her. She looked very
much like an Abyssinian, certainly not a pure bred but that is what she
looked like, long, slender and elegant with large ears. Bruiser's father
was as usually the case with cats unkown. They took in a stray that
turned out to be with kitten. I was looking through the breeds, Maya and
Bruiser have been chasing each other around most of the night, I was
really wondering what kind of cat would have a tail like Bruiser. I got
to Maine Coon and there was Bruiser. The markings were different of
course and Bruiser doesn't have the little tuft at the top of the ears
but the tail length and bushiness, the face, body and fur resemblance is
remarkable.

Old October 18th 03, 07:17 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Karen
wrote:

They are usually really lovey cats and MAN do they have great tails. Very
long in the body too.

Karen

And they're one of the larger sized breeds.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old October 18th 03, 07:48 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Karen wrote:

They are usually really lovey cats and MAN do they have great tails. Very
long in the body too.

Very big all over, I think! (Norwegian "Forest Cats" are similar in
appearance. BTW)
Old October 18th 03, 08:42 PM
Takayuki

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop-no
wrote:
Karen wrote:

They are usually really lovey cats and MAN do they have great tails. Very
long in the body too.

Very big all over, I think! (Norwegian "Forest Cats" are similar in
appearance. BTW)

Some people speculate that they're closely related. How are Main
Coons in terms of personality? I've heard some people say that
they're pushy, some say that they're mellow...

Old October 19th 03, 05:47 PM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

Some people speculate that they're closely related. How are Main
Coons in terms of personality? I've heard some people say that
they're pushy, some say that they're mellow...

QC, a Maine Coon mix, is very mellow, very loving, and very stubborn.
She's the first to mother new additions, and the last to be scared of
d*gs. She normally weighs around 23 lbs, but is recovering from being
ill this spring. She's up to about 17 lbs and demolishes a jar of baby
food as well as her regular food.

When Rascal first came here and was trying to dominate the house, QC
just looked at her like she was insane. Rascal backed down.

Pam S. who's amazed with QC's paw size
Old October 20th 03, 01:40 AM
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:
QC, a Maine Coon mix, is very mellow, very loving, and very stubborn.
She's the first to mother new additions, and the last to be scared of
d*gs. She normally weighs around 23 lbs, but is recovering from being
ill this spring. She's up to about 17 lbs and demolishes a jar of baby
food as well as her regular food.

When Rascal first came here and was trying to dominate the house, QC
just looked at her like she was insane. Rascal backed down.

Pam S. who's amazed with QC's paw size

It's good to hear that she's feeling better. She's huge! It's too
bad that she's probably too big to have her paws scanned. I can
imagine big, furry paws, and with black claws like those of
beautacious Chloe (hers look like polished obsidian).