Every Year as it gets Cold

Old December 4th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Every Year as it gets Cold

Every year WooToo learns all over again how to get under the covers
and get comfortable. I don't know how it was all those years with my
(our!) Mom. She may have had an easier time or maybe it's siimply an
autumn ritual.

However, by trial and error, WooToo has again learned how to go into
the covers, do a U-turn at my knees and come back up until just her
head is sticking out, for skritchin, talk and slightly better ease of
breathing. It took her about a week. Of course, I have to wake up
every few hours while she goes about her various evening activities.
But I don't mind. When she comes back, she gets under the covers again
and everythng is perfect.

Will in New Haven

--

Cuddlesleep is special,
One hour counts as two.
Old December 4th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Every year WooToo learns all over again how to get under the covers
and get comfortable. I don't know how it was all those years with my
(our!) Mom. She may have had an easier time or maybe it's siimply an
autumn ritual.
However, by trial and error, WooToo has again learned how to go into
the covers, do a U-turn at my knees and come back up until just her
head is sticking out, for skritchin, talk and slightly better ease of
breathing. It took her about a week. Of course, I have to wake up
every few hours while she goes about her various evening activities.
But I don't mind. When she comes back, she gets under the covers again
and everythng is perfect.

We've only ever had one cat at a time that liked to do that, and they've
all had different rituals. Mingus used to go under from the head end of
the duvet, turn round and come out again after a minute, dive under again,
emerge again and then settle beside me only on the third time. Ishmael
would just go straight under and stay there (particularly when he'd got
himself soaking wet outside). Zeke used to start at the foot end, wriggle
up between us, go back over the cover and do it again, usually twice, then
go sleep somewhere else. Ollie is the latest to try it, and he prefers to
go in at the side and try to get one of the humans to make a tent with
their knees. (Cat whiskers seem to have evolved for tickling humans in
the bum).

Old December 4th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

We've only ever had one cat at a time that liked to do that, and they've
all had different rituals. Mingus used to go under from the head end of
the duvet, turn round and come out again after a minute, dive under again,
emerge again and then settle beside me only on the third time. Ishmael
would just go straight under and stay there (particularly when he'd got
himself soaking wet outside). Zeke used to start at the foot end, wriggle
up between us, go back over the cover and do it again, usually twice, then
go sleep somewhere else. Ollie is the latest to try it, and he prefers to
go in at the side and try to get one of the humans to make a tent with
their knees. (Cat whiskers seem to have evolved for tickling humans in
the bum).

Those are great descriptions! Roxy does what Mingus used to do - she'll
sit by my head and paw at the comforter until I lift it for her, then
she'll go under, shake her tail (pretending to mark the area? Or really
marking?), and then come barreling out again a second later. Sometimes
she does this once, sometimes twice. Then she takes off to run around
the house some more before finally settling down.

Smudge goes under the blankets sometimes, too, but she's serious. She
goes under there to curl up and sleep, and will stay there for hours.
Also, for some reason, she loves to be petted *through* the blankets (ie,
my hand is on top of the blankets, petting the blanket as well as the
cat lump under it). When I do that, my normally almost-silent purrer
will purr loud enough for me to hear her through the blankets.

Joyce
Old December 5th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Dec 4, 1:37 pm, wrote:
[...]

It was chilly this weekend, and on Sunday Morning, after the sleepy
slave had left the warmth to feed the kitties and then went back to
bed yawning, Nina got in bed WITH me, although she was only under the
comforter and on top of the top sheet. She went down to the foot of
the bed and curled up, evidently intending to stay put for a
while.

Well, she stayed there until lunch. =o) She also seemed to appreciate
my attentions to the part of the quilt that was covering her, and gave
me a little purring concert. Every now and then, I'd lift the quilt at
the foot of the bed to make sure she hadn't suffocated. She would
dutifully purr when I reached in to give her a stroke or an ear
scritch, but I swear, if she'd been human, she'd have said "Put that
quilt down, you're letting in a great big draught!"

At night on cold nights, Nina will get under the covers for a short
time to warm up, but then leave after about ten or twenty minutes. The
late beloved Pan was also one to slip into the kitty sauna to get
warm. His preference was to lie on top of me under the covers, his
face near mine for convenient affection sections. I still miss him on
chilly nights, poor old dear. During the latest cold snap, even
Francesca who is very much a top of the covers kind of girl, crept
under the covers after Nina. A two cat night indeed.

Melissa
Old December 5th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kimberlysmith

Will in New Haven wrote:
Every year WooToo learns all over again how to get under the covers
and get comfortable. I don't know how it was all those years with my
(our!) Mom. She may have had an easier time or maybe it's siimply an
autumn ritual.

However, by trial and error, WooToo has again learned how to go into
the covers, do a U-turn at my knees and come back up until just her
head is sticking out, for skritchin, talk and slightly better ease of
breathing. It took her about a week. Of course, I have to wake up
every few hours while she goes about her various evening activities.
But I don't mind. When she comes back, she gets under the covers again
and everythng is perfect.

Will in New Haven

--

Cuddlesleep is special,
One hour counts as two.
Cuddlesleep is good for you.

Lucy has this cute little ritual we follow EVERY evening....
I get in bed to either read or watch TV and she jumps up and
marches back and forth across my chest, pausing to receive her
adoration and scritchies (and in the process getting in the way
of whatever I'm doing . Then she scratches at the covers, at
which point her well-trained slave lifts the covers and she
scoots under. Then it's down to between my knees where she
settles in. I'm not allowed to move now, or I get a warning
paw placed on my legs. She'll stay there indefinitely, or until
I turn the light out. Then she emerges, trundles off to have a
snack, and returns for a short scritching session before settling
down to sleep beside me. Future DH, after receiving an armpit
licking (yeech....) is pretty much ignored!!

They do have a way of making everything perfect, don't they?

--Kim
Old December 5th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kimberlysmith wrote:

Lucy has this cute little ritual we follow EVERY evening....
I get in bed to either read or watch TV and she jumps up and
marches back and forth across my chest, pausing to receive her
adoration and scritchies (and in the process getting in the way
of whatever I'm doing .

This reminds me of an adorable song, which contains these lyrics:

Kitty's in the bed and I can't see the TV
Kitty's in the bed and I can't see around
Kitty's in the covers and I can't see the TV
Oh, Murphy Brown!

LOL, you can tell it's not a new song.

Joyce
Old December 6th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Willow is cold all the time so I have a heating pad in place of the other
pillow and a fluffy towel on it. she and O. T. do some sort of dance to see
who gets to sleep there. Willow wins but by morning they are cuddled there
together. Why the dance business don't know but they enjoy it and so do I.
Piglet just sits on my stomach to watch and see who wins. She sleeps in
Scooters place on the couch and then by the bed.